• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deflate-Gate: Patriots Being Investigated For Deflated Footballs

So it was found that 11 of 12 patriots balls were under inflated.

I still couldn't care any less. The refs have multiple opportunities between every single play to see if the ball has been altered. So it is obviously so insignificant of an amount that they didn't notice it even though the side judge, linesman, and referee all touch the ball almost before every play.

And they scored 28 points after this was supposedly brought to their attention.

The Colts are reaching new lows with this silly poo.

Apparently they were lessened by about 2lbs of pressure.  That can be significant during a rainy game.  

It all depends on if the Colts were allowed to use the deflated balls or..if those 11/12 were just for the Pats.     You know a slippery, wet,  fully inflated ball is hell for a qb to throw,  and can be brutal for WRs to try and catch.  Especially when the rain is pouring down.    Even with the new sticky gloves that WRs wear.    May explain why we saw countless balls bounce off of WRs hands for the Colts.  Could also explain some of Luck's turnovers,  where he blatantly under threw at least one of his interceptions. 

So let's see if we can trace this timeline. The refs tested the balls 2 hours before the game and kept the balls in their possession until the start of the game. The balls then went to the Patriots sideline, where presumably some guy stood there in front of 100+ cameras emptying the air out of them without being spotted. Then the balls were given back to the refs, who used them in the field of play. A Colts equipment staff guy noticed a ball was deflated, even though it was the refs job to test them, and if they didn't meet specifications, to not use them.

Now, 2 days later they've been tested and found to be low by the NFL. Were the Colts balls tested and found to not be low?

This story is full of holes, they need to release more info.

So let's see if we can trace this timeline. The refs tested the balls 2 hours before the game and kept the balls in their possession until the start of the game. The balls then went to the Patriots sideline, where presumably some guy stood there in front of 100+ cameras emptying the air out of them without being spotted. Then the balls were given back to the refs, who used them in the field of play. A Colts equipment staff guy noticed a ball was deflated, even though it was the refs job to test them, and if they didn't meet specifications, to not use them.

Now, 2 days later they've been tested and found to be low by the NFL. Were the Colts balls tested and found to not be low?

This story is full of holes, they need to release more info.

The Colts contacted the NFL during the game and the Officials were notified of the complaint at halftime. According to Pro Football Talk. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/deflated-ball-investigation-began-after-colts-interception/

I would assume when the Officials were notified they took action but that is just common sense and not an argument based in knowledge of the situation.

this is why i'm about done with pro sports, outside combat sports.  cheaters everywhere breaking records winning rings on every other commercial. both teams top to bottom. owners=dirtbags coaches=dirtbags players=dirtbags. congrats on your super bowl win. whoever outcheats the other team the best wins

I bet if all the team was on PEDs there would be more outrage. Even if it only gave them a slight advantage

seahawks have more players popped for PEDS since carrol was hired, than any other team.. won a super bowl with a giant secondary geeked out on basically speed. nobody cared/cares. except me and you apparently...fuging cheaters. wish i could get some of these guys on the mats. would love to turn sherman into a pretzel and make him tap out

Archived