• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: A Franchise QB?

Ricky Spanish

Yeah, so Gettleman already said he was. So how about we stop making shitty threads like this.

did you read the linked article?

it's not the typical "shitty" topic the title would lead you to believe it is. it's actually a good read with good perspective from a non-homer pov.

thanks for your valuable contribution to the thread, tho. lol

I don't know why this is still a question.  Anyone who has actually paid attention to Cam and not the ESPN bullshit knows that Cam is a franchise QB.  If they don't think so then they're fuging idiots who really aren't worth discussing football with.

I'm not saying the guy is elite yet, but Jesus Christ, yes, he's a franchise QB.  There's not even a question about that.

honestly.... I don't know why this is even a discussion.

He was a franchise qb after his first year in the league... the numbers he put up were ridiculous. record breaking.

Two different QB's coaches

Two different offensive coordinators

Two different GM's

Its really about putting the Panthers in a position to win.... Cam gives us the best chance at that.

Yeah, so Gettleman already said he was. So how about we stop making shitty threads like this.

Unless you have seen some threads on here that I haven't, this place has been pretty stagnant since we lost. I apologize for trying to post Panther related things to this Panther forum for Panther fans. 

I'll be sure to verify with you in the future whether or not I share something with the huddle...

Tinfoil Hat / ACTIVATE!

"You see, there is a master plan by the Plezobs!  They want Cam to be mediocre for his career so that we keep the Panthers down.  If they keep the Panthers and Cam down, then the Elzilities will be able to take over the Illuminati, the Cell Phone companies, and then we can watch all the cat videos for free on our iandroid phones!"

In reality, most rational people see Cam for what he is:  A Franchise QB.  Does he need to play a little better?  Sure.  Does the rest of the team need to play well?  Absolutely.  Are we moving upwards?  I sure think so.

Cam leaving town after his contract?  Why?  How?  Cam has it made in Carolina from a nonfootball perspective.  I think we saw the big picture of Gettleman's philosophy towards the end of the season.  Where is he going to go and it get better?  Oakland?  Tennessee?  Somewhere that's rebuilding?  Somewhere they think they are a franchise QB away from a Super Bowl?

Us get rid of Cam?  Where's the next guy?  Who do we have eyes on who can lead us better than Cam?  Andy Dalton?  Another Andy Dalton type?  Ohh, or how about the Jake Delhomme type again!  The gritty underdog?

Cam is our guy, and I'm happy to have him.  We're going to get better, and I think Cam gives us the best chance to win a superbowl.

lol and here comes the edgy contrarian "keeping it real".

yawn

It's only 'edgy and contrarian' on this site.

To some, that means something.

If cam had this Oline or these weapons or that coaching or played in this division...

Jesus Christ, we get it...it gets old, no one cares outside of the huddle and it makes everyone look like whiny bitches.

Sorry I don't mean to be so 'contrarian' or 'keep it real' to the point you can't handle it.

Get a grip.

Archived