• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Case Dismissed

Jase

Actually it happens quite a bit.  Sometimes its better to Settle than face a trial, even if you feel you have a good shot at winning. 

Or settle BEFORE the criminal trial and make the primary witness disappear.

I didn't even know that was fuging legal.

GENIUS.

So you're saying that Gettleman exercised the franchise option on Hardy knowing he was going to be accused of domestic abuse?

Could you explain in detail how Gettleman knew such a thing?  Crystal ball?  Tarot cards?

Oh my sweet Jesus...no, I'm not saying this, and no one is saying this, but there was 13 million dollars used last year on a player who played 1 game for us last year.  I did believe that when we tagged him it was dumb without knowing this was going to happen because 13 mil could have gone towards us getting competent receivers or tackles.  AGAIN, fans have the right to be pissed off.  It's like when a kid has their parents credit card.  It's super easy for them to go on a shopping spree because it's not THEIR money they're wasting and it was super easy for the NFL to make this decision because it was the panthers money they were wasting.

the insane, nuts logic that you don't make a settlement for a case you're going to win. 

It happens all the time and I don't think the settlement was necessarily money. In this case it could have been make no contact with Holder. If it were money it mustn't have been much if the prosecution had no case.

Oh my sweet Jesus...no, I'm not saying this, and no one is saying this, but there was 13 million dollars used last year on a player who played 1 game for us last year.  I did believe that when we tagged him it was dumb without knowing this was going to happen because 13 mil could have gone towards us getting competent receivers or tackles.  

We tagged him because we thought we could work out a long term friendlier deal before the season.

I'm just indifferent at this point. If he somehow ends back up here, well holy sh*t but we proved we can still be a dominant D without him and I just don't see that happening.

Plus, we've still got a great foundation. I can see DG stretching out CJ's contract with Ealy developing further along next season. Add another draftee plus KK-Star, and our strong rotational speed guy in Addison, and we're in fine shape. I'm really interested in seeing what type of value is placed on him now. I'm thinking 7-10 mil/year.

I don't entirely disagree, but a dude like Hardy is hard to replace. Especially when you're talking about developing guys. Think of how much they could develop if they had him to learn from. This situation has really just fuged up a lot of stuff organizationally and put a bad taste in everyone's mouth, no matter how the case ended.

Archived