• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson sure is consistent in getting rid of troublemaking players immediately!

Sam Mills Fan

Let's go down this road one more time. Even if Hardy did nothing wrong and played this year, he wasn't going to be here in 2015. He wouldn't take their offer and was tagged for one final season. They can't pay him and still have a viable team with the money he wants. This story was over seven months ago.

Gettleman didn't punish anything, he was put on the exempt list by the nfl/commissioner. It was out of their hands

Commissioner only gives permission to use the exempt list. Also, Hardy had to agree to be put on it. Gettleman sent the paperwork in. Here's the timeline:

Goodell is crapping his pants over Rice, then Peterson, now Hardy. NFL getting nation-wide black eye 2 weeks into the regular season.

JR about the NFL, so Goodell asks JR to agree to have Hardy not play cuz if he did, national media would focus on him instead of the football games. Hardy's due process brought up in talk. Goodell and JR stuck between the American public opinion screaming for Hardy's head and the NFL players union who'll be pissed if Hardy is suspended without pay.

Goodell gives permission to use the exempt list so Hardy will not play, but still get paid

JR and Gettleman talk to Hardy, give him option of playing with pay or sitting with pay. Hardy chooses to sit and get paid.

Gettleman sends in the paperwork.

Got a link or do I need to take your word for it?

has been, will be. RT @kepsico: @BlackBlueReview So at this point would you say it's at the discretion of the Big Cat?

the hottest of takes, esp when DG has nothing to do w/it. RT @MattW11111888: @BlackBlueReview Panthers should keep Hardy and fire Gettlemen

5Dsf0gd5_normal.jpegBlack & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 4h4 hours ago

has been, will be. RT @kepsico: @BlackBlueReview So at this point would you say it's at the discretion of the Big Cat?

5Dsf0gd5_normal.jpegBlack & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview · 3h3 hours ago

the hottest of takes, esp when DG has nothing to do w/it. RT @MattW11111888: @BlackBlueReview Panthers should keep Hardy and fire Gettlemen

That doesn't really say what you think it does though.

He's saying Gettleman has nothing to do with the topic, not the decision. Reading further down the feed helps clarify.

The GM is absolutely in on the decision.

That doesn't really say what you think it does though.

He's saying Gettleman has nothing to do with the topic, not the decision. Reading further down the feed helps clarify.

The GM is absolutely in on the decision.

I'm not saying he isn't.  Was just posting what the person in your quote was referring to.  I kind of have to believe DG has a majority of the "pull" when it comes to players, considering I never would have thought JR would have entertained letting Smitty go.  

I'm not saying he isn't. Was just posting what the person in your quote was referring to. I kind of have to believe DG has a majority of the "pull" when it comes to players, considering I never would have thought JR would have entertained letting Smitty go.

Gotcha, and I agree.

Steve Smith was arrested on assault charges related to Anthony Bright. Case dismissed after he completed a program involving anger management which we saw work out so well post-2002...

Man I forgot all about that.  Oops.

Anywho, its not about Smitty.  He's gone now.

Hardy just doesn't seem like hes about the team, you know?  Its about him and the glitz and glam.  Hes chasing that fame not football.  

Archived