• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn Jr could return to Panthers

Jeremy Igo

I have no idea if the Panthers would be interested in resigning him but the chance of him being released would seem quite high.

As Jeremy pointed out his salary($3.5m)is quite high for his production. Also the team is over the cap by $10,000,000.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Cutting him would save $2.5m in cap space for them.

$4m dollar cap hit if he stays.

$1.5m if he is cut.

They could save even more if designated a June 1st cut.

Here is a calculator that will illustrate this:

http://overthecap.com/calculator/arizona-cardinals

• Pie 2

Im a Ted Ginn fan btw i just dont see how much he brings to the receiving game

As an individual, not much, but to group he could help a lot. There aren't many defensive backs who can keep up with Ginn or Brown much less having a team that has two people. This forces a safety to play over the top on them instead of rolling over to cover Benji or Olsen. That also opens up our run game because the safeties will have to play honest to cope with the speed on the field. Ultimately it spreads the line, opens run lanes, leaves Benji and Olsen in more one on ones, and gives us two guys who can out run anyone we face.

• Pie 1

I'm partial to TGJ. I was in the end zone he scored the go ahead TD against the pats on MNF last year, then Cam launched the ball over our section. It was magical.

I'd be all for him coming back, he's proven and he and Cam did seem to have chemistry. I think proehl utilized him well too, he's great over the top with double moves but his routes where he broke off and came back to the line were good as well due to fear of his speed.

It's a no brainer from a pr/kr standpoint at the very least.

As an individual, not much, but to group he could help a lot. There aren't many defensive backs who can keep up with Ginn or Brown much less having a team that has two people. This forces a safety to play over the top on them instead of rolling over to cover Benji or Olsen. That also opens up our run game because the safeties will have to play honest to cope with the speed on the field. Ultimately it spreads the line, opens run lanes, leaves Benji and Olsen in more one on ones, and gives us two guys who can out run anyone we face.

Good summary, just substitute Ginn's name with Torrey Smith and you've got yourself a 4 year playoff offence.

Im a Ted Ginn fan btw i just dont see how much he brings to the receiving game

His value as a return man is enough for me to sign him.

Ill take 40/600/5 line and a couple return TDs out of a 2 mil/year receiver. Him setting Cam up with short fields was invaluable when you have a defense holding teams to 15ppg.

• Pie 2