• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Carolina Pass up on Offensive Tackle at 25?

Bj-Monster23

I could see multiple scenarios where we pass on OT in the 1st.  Very possible in Gettleman's eyes there ends up being only 2 or 3 OTs worth a 1st in this draft and they're gone.  If someone like Kevin White, that Parker WR (haven't done my own research on him, but I hear he's getting buzz), Landon Collins, Shaq Thompson (another guy getting buzz, I don't quite get it yet but I need to see more) or another guy at a position of need that's rated higher than the OTs is available Gettleman won't take the lower rated guy just because we so desperately need a LT.  As crazy as it may sound, this is a draft I could actually see us trading back up into the late 1st or early 2nd if there's a guy available we love.  If, for example, we take one of the non-OTs I just mentioned at 25 but there's an OT available at 31 or 35 or something that Gettleman didn't like better than our guy at 25 but still thinks very highly of I could see us sending next year's 1st to go get him.  I know it sound like crazy talk, but this is the first year in a while I could see it actually happening.

Keep in mind that Gman took like one tackle in the 12 yrs he was with the Giants in the first round.Most were after the 3rd

In last year's presser he pointed out that there were five tackles the Panthers considered first round worthy (all of whom were gone before we picked).

Archived