• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs have "aggressive plan" to trade for AP

MichaelNewtonII

Almost 30 or not Peterson is a pure stud.. I don't understand why people think that you somehow become a bum once you hit 30

It's not that once you hit 30 you become a dud or anything.  The NFL is tough on RBs, and AP has a lot of mileage on his wheels.  Will he continue to be able to hold up for a few more years?  Compare 25 year old Deangelo (his 1500 yard season) to the last couple of years.  Injuries add up.

AP has been an absolute beast his career, but as any RB approaches 30, their good years dry up very quickly.

Ya'll know damn well if we could get AP for a 4th, A FREAKIN' 4th round pick you'd be all over it. He's still the best back in the league and spelling time with an oft injured J-Stew is a great back-field. Only thing I wouldn't like is the contract. 

I'm remembering another time when a certain team had an 'aggressive plan' to trade for a star runningback.

Herschel something :unsure:

Just talked to my family Up Nort. Mixed feelings about this up der you betcha.

Want him back, but also want karmic justice for Herschel Walker by reversing that deal on someone else.

Just talked to my family Up Nort. Mixed feelings about this up der you betcha.

Want him back, but also want karmic justice for Herschel Walker by reversing that deal on someone else.

Seeing said 'justice' happen to a division rival would not bother me at all :lol:

Almost 30 or not Peterson is a pure stud.. I don't understand why people think that you somehow become a bum once you hit 30

No doubt he is still a great running back.  If the Bucs were trying to win now, it might make some sense. But the Bucs were the worst team in the league.  They need to be looking a couple of years down the road, instead of who will help us now.  And it a couple of years, Peterson will be nearing retirement. 

1. We'll see about that lol I beg to differ

2. Peterson never ran for 80 against us on poo cheese teams with no weapons but he. In Tampa we'd have to worry about vincent and evans or we could easily get burned in the passing game if we focus all attention on ap. Those play actions in Tampa could be very lethal with that personnel

it would change nothing for us. Our game plan is, has been, and always will be stop the run. We have stopped him before. I need to see this Bucs team before I get scared of them.

Archived