• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Gettleman is a GM... and you aren't.

Jeremy Igo

Guys(and gals) should remember that Dave wasn't a.big fan of signing high profile receivers in NY, he concentrated on getting dominant linemen. A great qb can make average receivers look like HOFers

whenever you say Dave are you referring to Jerry Reese

The 'homerism' is back just like it was last year when everybody was on board with Bell & Chandler, including threads like these. Remmers wouldn't have been on the team nor seen the field unless it was for injuries.

Thus far, Gett has shown the ability to evaluate college talent and make decent draft picks. That's what he did for the Giants. He hasn't shown the ability to give his coach a competitive roster and adequately address weaknesses, while building through the draft. Yes, we were limited due to the cap situation and he has only been here a short time ... everybody knows that. However, Bell and Chandler .... really? I think he truly believed it and that would have been his answer, even if he had the money. He also passed on late round OTs that would have been upgrades to the current roster.

Truth is that there wasn't much available in free agency this year to upgrade our OT situation with capable starters ... much less studs. The best of the group stayed with their former teams, as expected. We dropped a guy at the bottom and picked up one close to the bottom, with a glimmer of hope that a previous relationship with our position coach will make him adequate again. For me ... the question is does Gett really believe that Oher IS the answer or is he creating competition. Also, nothing has been done yet to address our #2 or #3 CB (depending on where you slot Bene), WR or safety positions. However, it is still early.

Until we know how the rest unfolds ... he doesn't get the keys to the house. He has an obvious talent for assessing college talent but is he cerebral enough to be a good GM.?. Jury is still out.

We should know that if our front 7 is strong, we can much easier plug and play DBs who are of nominal ability because they don't have to do much work for simuch long periods of time.

so depending upon where are strengths are, we can concentrate on building true BPA and putting them in the best positions to make plays.

we also know that we can't spend money we don't have and that reckless spending on hometown Herod or big name FAs is detrimental to both the short and long term plan to keep a competitive team that has good chances to compete for championships.

we also know that it appears building through the draft not only saves money, but it gives our team it's own identity because the players were born and bred/developed here and that brings with it a sense of loyalty, honor and pride for the franchise that brought them along...not to mention the camaraderie that is developed.

regardless of the OT situation, there were lots of injuries that caused is to use basically our entire roster to field a team. that allowed us to see exactly what we were working with and what they could do. well, we survived, made the playoffs and won s game against a team that crushed our entire fan base just a few years earlier.

we'll find some hog mollies if they are affordable and apt to our system. Getts knows what winning looks like and what it takes to get there and he isn't willing to sacrifice the long-term plan just to make a few fans feel good because as soon as they fail or are shown not to fit in, we'll all be like ..."I can't believe we let so and so leave for this bum and blah blah blah."

so please, just chill and see what these guys do and first and foremost, it's really great to see a panther drafted and to watch them play and develop under our wings.

and yes, I expect there will be an all-out war to see who gets to fight in the trenches for the Panther faithful and come out victorious! cheezy, I know.

We would not have the fun of conflict on here if the good Lord only gave internet rights to people with common sense.

I am a homer. This is a Panther website, where Panther fans go. If anyone is looking for objectivity, don't google a discussion board dedicated to the Panthers.

Homers are critical of the team (sometimes unfairly) when things are not going well. They support the team when things are going well. I personally LOVE the moves and the style Gettlemen is demonstrating. Yes, I want the eye-level Snickers bar at the grocery store checkout, but I have the sense to know that Mom knows what is best for me when she puts it back. Some want to make Mom the villain, when if you had your way, you would be a 350 lb. middle aged, pimple-faced man still living in her basement, banging away at your computer about objectivity on a Panther discussion board.

This is a bunch of crap..

You can be a fan and not agree with every move the FO makes..

Being objective isn't a privilege it's a right you can choose to use..

Guys(and gals) should remember that Dave wasn't a.big fan of signing high profile receivers in NY, he concentrated on getting dominant linemen. A great qb can make average receivers look like HOFers

. Except we don't have a "great" QB yet. Way too many fundamental flaws for him to be considered anything but slightly above average for now.

I wouldn't be sad if we let him go. I would really enjoy reading the huddle if that happens.

This is a bunch of crap..

You can be a fan and not agree with every move the FO makes..

Being objective isn't a privilege it's a right you can choose to use..

You really don't comprehend reading well, do you?

Keep living the lie and you will be fine--tell people you own your parents' house and you are letting them live with you, tell them that your prom date in the picture  is not your sister, and tell everyone that the tassel hanging from the rear-view mirror of your AMC Pacer is from your high school graduation instead of some discarded curtains.  People would believe that stuff if they don't know you well.

:ass:

You really don't comprehend reading well, do you?

Keep living the lie and you will be fine--tell people you own your parents' house and you are letting them live with you, tell them that your prom date in the picture is not your sister, and tell everyone that the tassel hanging from the rear-view mirror of your AMC Pacer is from your high school graduation instead of some discarded curtains. People would believe that stuff if they don't know you well.

:ass:

Lame. .

A whole paragraph of you projecting your life on others. Lol

You truly know how to waste your time typing BS..

You ever thought about politics? ?

Lame. . (nice.  Circa 1985--do you say Groovy and Wicked too?)

A whole paragraph of you projecting your life on others. Lol  (Basically, the "I'm rubber, your glue" defense....Clever and unique)

You truly know how to waste your time typing BS..  WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!                   (you are finally right!)

You ever thought about politics? ?  When I vote

Now go away, little boy.  Not going to respond to your snarky comments any longer because laughing at your attempt at wit has become boring.  Probably past your bed time anyway. :mom:

Now go away, little boy. Not going to respond to your snarky comments any longer because laughing at your attempt at wit has become boring. Probably past your bed time anyway. :mom:

I'm the little boy and your the one crying in every post..

Plus grown man how many teenage girl emo's you got??

Every post got some cute little graphics like you were texting your BFF or something. .lol

Archived