• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr. Richardson did flex muscles regarding Hardy

dswofford

Steinbrenner never had to deal with a salary cap.

When Jones started having to compete on a level playing field rather than just being able to outspend everyone, his team stopped winning Super Bowls.

I'm ok with that. The point is that other owners weren't willing (or in some cases able) to do what he did with the NYY. He could've sat back and run the team like the Red Sox had been run for 80 years. But his desire to win pushed him further. And that competition in an owner is a desirable trait in my book.

It's just that sometimes they start making calls about stuff they don't know. But Jerry Richardson, however, was a pro player so I'd say his opinion would be a little more weighted that Jerry Jones'. But I still like the owners that are inested. I like Mark Cuban a lot too. Don't really care about the Mavs but I'd love to have someone like him as an owner of my team.

I know this is retreading old ground at this point, but I would say his story is "possible", not likely or "very believable" though. That's a TON of bruises all over the body.

Anyway, I don't want to debate this really. I'm just throwing the evidence logs out there for people to look at for themselves in case it changes their mind like it did for me.

Have you seen the actual photos or are you just convinced by the logging of multiple photos of the same bruises that Greg beat her? I'm not saying Hardy is innocent but the list of bruises sounds more like the kind you get falling over drunk, not getting beaten up.

Hardy admitted to having her restrained because she was bat turd crazy that night.

I think what bothers me most is Jerry only succumbed to peer pressure after the Rice video came out. The team and owner were perfectly willing to let him play up until that point. If he truly held those values highly he'd have sat him when he first heard the news.

I'm fine with moving on from Hardy, his rookie contract had expired and he was going to cost us top dollar regardless. I have no problem investing that money in a player or players that the franchise feel are more trustworthy. Problem is, actually finding those players, especially when they are still young.

No, due process is what the 49ers did with McDonald. Even when the media wanted him suspended (not as publicized as hardy) the 49ers stood by him when she had pictures and kept him on the field. As soon as poo got hot we crumbled.

Not saying hardys the difference in us winning a superbowl, but I'd rather be the team who puts morals second with Lombardis to show for it then the one who does everything morally right but still waiting to win one. But it's a okay, we can sleep good at night lmao

beyond that, hardy also conducted himself in an unprofessional manner, even after he was put on the commish exempt list.

While the domestic violence ends up being the excuse, it's not the sole reasoning.

And Richardson decision didn't stop us from winning. But keep beating that drum to support your weak ass opinion that it's okay for players to conduct themselves that way as long as we're winning.

Get bent.

Proves what a lot of us knew about the team...JR isn't a hands off owner and we are historically worse off because of it.

Innocent man and all pro DE not even offered a dollar by the team that drafted him...total fail and hypocrisy abound. I fully believe that hardy was hanging with the wrong people but he was also railroaded.

I wonder what you people would have done if a drugged up crazy woman was in your house breaking poo. Maybe you'd try to remove her from your house? Call the cops? hmmm

When me and my wife play around and wrestle or jump on the trampoline or play some ball she often comes away with huge bruises especially around the areas where you'd grab someone and near the knee/elbows and other joints...and not even that hard mind you.

I've been one of Hardy's biggest supporters for the past 9 months, at least in terms of keeping him. But there was a big development that happened quietly last month that basically nobody paid attention to: turns out the DA's office had in its possession pictures of bruises and welts all over Nicole Holder's body from head to toe. Face, arms, legs, torso, back, feet......Hardy clearly did it. If he thought she faked it, he would have fought tooth and nail and would have never paid her off. 

Now that you can (I believe) definitively say Hardy did beat her, it becomes a matter of giving someone a second chance. However, since Hardy is maintaining his innocence, he'll never be apologizing and admitting what he did. So I think I'm going to begrudgingly agree with Richardson's decision to let him go. 

This wasnt a new development. Bruises do not mean he beat her. Grabbed? Pulled? Pushed? Yes...but to be believe that they had the Royal Rumble when she wouldnt leave his apartment and she only sustained bruises and welts...nah...

People pay women all the to avoid the whole legal battle, especially when there was going to be a suit to follow anyway. He saved money in the long run.

JR can do what he wants.. But it doesn't change the fact he is a hypocrite and claiming his moral code..

I guess watching a player being carried out of the stadium with his eye hanging out his head.. Wasn't a moral issue. .

JR can do what wants.. But it doesn't change the fact he is a hypocrite and claiming his moral code..

I guess watching a player being carried out of the stadium with his eye hanging out his head.. Wasn't a moral issue. .

who left the stadium with his eye out of socket?

honest question i havnt heard this

Archived