• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it came down to Peat or Perriman....

MedellinHeel

I'm pretty sure you were the guy last draft swearing donte moncrief was a first round guy that still ended up going in the 3rd just like everyone told you he would. Maybe you should tone down on your big claims expert

I'd rather have Moncrief than Perriman

Peat.

Not only would he be BPA over Perriman, but also at a position that is very valuable in the NFL.

WR is one of the most overrated positions on the field. I honestly won't be very excited if a WR is the pick at 25, especially Perriman. I'd much rather take one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/draft.htm

Okay, looked it up. 1998-2012

44 total 1-3 round picks during his time there and only 1 first rounder as a T.

There were also one in the second and one in the third.

The Giants seemed take their offensive line guys from the 4th on, which is why the extra 5ths could come in handy.

Kinda hard to put meaning to that absent true context though.

You'd really need to examine the same stats for several other teams to get a framework. And then you'd wanna compare records, etc etc

Stats in a vacuum aren't really telling.

I agree.

I think Peat's size is way too good. Also think he's the safest OT to take. It'll be between Peat and Scherff. But I just can't see Peat being there at 25. Not sure what happened from then till now but most places I've looked have him being there at 25.

I think Collins is a better bet to be there at 25. The only reason why Collins is being hyped up more than he should is bc of Zach Martin.

I think it's ridiculous people have Peat going so low, there's no OT in this draft without a major question mark next to his name.

• Peat is raw, he has size, health and arm length on his side but has some bad games against other draft prospects. 
  • Humphries is being rated too highly but it wouldn't surprise me if he went in the 1st, he's just so inconsistent when you watch his tape and seems to struggle maintaining body weight. 
  • Scherff to me is too hard to judge, he has smaller arms than Joel Bitonio who I loved last year, but is projected by many to be the first OT off the board even though I see him as a mid to late first rounder.
  • I think that while Collins possesses the same arm length as Scherff, he more than makes up for it with athleticism. Both he and Scherff are OG or RT prospects with me giving an edge to Collins having the potential to be an NFL LT. 
  • TJ Clemmings is too raw to project in the 1st, I see him as 2nd round, possibly available at our 2nd round pick. He's just too inexperienced to take a risk on in the first considering he's only played a couple years and only at RT.
  • Fisher has the size for being an LT but doesn't have a ton of experience as the blind side protector but was forced into the role last year, I think he's first round quality but I'd do back flips if he's available for us in the 2nd.
  • Cedric Ogbuehi had a rough year at LT and was honestly just a meh RT. Throw in he's recovering from ACL surgery and I'd only take him in the 3rd, but with the moves Gettleman has made we'd be able to bring him along slowly and train him into the position. 

Basically, no OT in this draft is a sure thing. Considering how "sure thing" OT's have been fairing lately (Matthews, Joeckel, Fisher, Kalil) I'd stay away from OT in the first unless Gettleman does his due diligence and feels good about the pick. I think it's much more likely we grab an OT rounds 2-7 but if Peat was available at #25 I'd draft him based solely on the fact he'd be BPA.

Archived