• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will our cap wealth next season change Gettleman?

PanthersUnited

Why do you talk chit about almost everyone who starts a thread? The dude has some good thoughts.. Same tired ole chit.

Anyway,

Either way you spin it he is going to have to spend some money to retain the core players that will soon have their hands out so I think, I know he understands it.. I have faith!

I don't know who in the world you're talking about, because the only "chit" being thrown around is to PanthersUnited, and PanthersUnited alone.

I have a feeling Cam will be getting a deal for around 15-20 million. Luke will probably get an extension but I don't think a MLB will get paid but around 10 million. If Josh Norman continues to play well then I could see him being paid around 7-9 million a year. I don't know who else will be free agents but I have a feeling we will probably use about 10 million to resign some of our own players. That leaves us with about 25-30 million depending on how much we decide to pay Cam, Luke, Norman and other upcoming free agents. That's still a lot of money but when you consider we need to save up for future contracts then we might only have enough to sign one big name free agent around 10 million and a few mid level guys (4-6) million. Of course if we draft well and our younger players continue to develop then we won't be desperate to spend money in free agency.

I don't know who in the world you're talking about, because the only "chit" being thrown around is to PanthersUnited, and PanthersUnited alone.

Well there was Dexterity... Thankfully that Cam contract thread got rid of him.

Most aren't nearly as bad as they are portrayed. this one isn't.

He doesn't know what he's talking about in this one. We'll have some cap space (not as much as he thinks) but DG won't go spend ~$10M/year on some overrated FA, like a "Torrey Smith." Nor should he. We're going to have a sh*tload of UFAs next year and our efforts will be put to retaining the ones we want to keep. I expect next year's FA to look a lot like this one. And it's good that way, we'll be able to continue drafting well and locking up our own guys.

He doesn't know what he's talking about in this one. We'll have some cap space (not as much as he thinks) but DG won't go spend ~$10M/year on some overrated FA, like a "Torrey Smith." Nor should he. We're going to have a sh*tload of UFAs next year and our efforts will be put to retaining the ones we want to keep. I expect next year's FA to look a lot like this one. And it's good that way, we'll be able to continue drafting well and locking up our own guys.

You could have just responded like that :)

Archived