• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Linebacker in the first?

This was probably posted somewhere but I didn't find it when I searched Kendricks.

We seem to be quite interested in him and could be a perfect replacement for TD in a few years.

I think with the free agents that we have added it will give us the opportunity to pick BPA and LB could be that pick.

I like the part where he knows everything going on the field. Down, location, everything.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/kendricks

We are doing a good job of due diligence and looking at a bunch of guys we like and hope are going to be there at our picks. I think with Davis's not yet signed to a contract that anything is in play. I just wouldn't do it. But then again I am no expert.

I wouldn't care for it on the surface, but there's always going to be that lingering feeling that something can happen to TD, so I could understand it.

I pray TD career ends with him walking off the field and not carried off. He is going to slow down in the next couple of years and a replacement should be on the roster.

Gettleman is stacking this roster with viable talent and BPA may always be our pick in future drafts.

Most thought that Kueckly was a bad pick when we still had Beason.  Gettleman knows his stuff.  He will look ahead a couple years and decide what we need ready to start by then and who will be gone.  Maybe Kalil, Johnson, Stewart, TD and someone else may retire or move on.  The trick is to be ready.  The Pats know this and always are in the hunt.  Gettleman knows this and will have us ready.

I can see one scenario--Draft Shaq Thompson. 

He could play some SS and WLB until Davis starts to slow, when he becomes the SLB and Davis moves to WLB to stretch his career. 

Gettlemen said he was looking to 2016, so Shaq, Luke, and Davis is a pretty solid LB corps.

I can see one scenario--Draft Shaq Thompson.

He could play some SS and WLB until Davis starts to slow, when he becomes the SLB and Davis moves to WLB to stretch his career.

Gettlemen said he was looking to 2016, so Shaq, Luke, and Davis is a pretty solid LB corps.

Shaq would be a good get. I just don't like the switching of positions. I think it hampered Davis's growth early in his career.

Archived