• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Panthers Mock Draft

Jeremy Igo

I don't like when people suggest "Cam" needs more offensive weapons. The TEAM needs more offensive weapons for overall success. When people come on here whining and bitching (obviously not you, but others) about "Cam needing weapons" it makes them seem like Cam fans who want him to put up 5000 and 50 every year to become the GOAT, instead of wanting the team to win. Defense and offense are both a part of the equation and morons who suggest that drafting defense is "sabotaging Cam" are ridiculous.

Ok I'll take a shot and tell you why I say "Cam needs more weapons" it's because nobody on the defense is going to get paid 100 million. When you're investing that much into a guy then he needs to be more than an OK QB with a good defense. Any QB can fill that role. So if you're going to spend that much on a guy, he better be a major factor in winning.

I agree, it's great to have a great defense and ST, but the offense needs help. I'm tired of our defense doing so much and holding teams like the Seahawks, but our offense can't put any numbers on the board no matter how good our field position is.

That's not a lack of talent, overall. Better protection would help, but at the skill positions, the Panthers had the adequate talent to move the chains and score. We just didn't have an offensive coordinator that knows how to use the talent we had

• Pie 1

That's not a lack of talent, overall. Better protection would help, but at the skill positions, the Panthers had the adequate talent to move the chains and score. We just didn't have an offensive coordinator that knows how to use the talent we had

I don't necessarily agree. At a crucial point in the playoff game against Seattle we had Bersin the primary target on the field in the red zone against that secondary. That was partly because of Shula, and partly because we are devoid of talent at the WR position. We absolutely need a skill position player that can turn a small gain into an explosive play/touchdown from anywhere on the field. We need a deep threat and a speed threat desperately in this offense. Part of the reason I like Dorsett/Agholor/Perriman the most at 25. Devin Smith in the second fits the bill but I think we would have to trade up for him. Our offense has lacked that dominant athlete to make explosive plays and make defenses feel threatened in the passing game. Kelvin needs a target across from him that defenses pay an equal amount of attention to every snap to open things up for the running game and Olsen as well.

• Pie 1

I don't necessarily agree. At a crucial point in the playoff game against Seattle we had Bersin the primary target on the field in the red zone against that secondary. That was partly because of Shula, and partly because we are devoid of talent at the WR position. We absolutely need a skill position player that can turn a small gain into an explosive play/touchdown from anywhere on the field. We need a deep threat and a speed threat desperately in this offense. Part of the reason I like Dorsett/Agholor/Perriman the most at 25. Devin Smith in the second fits the bill but I think we would have to trade up for him. Our offense has lacked that dominant athlete to make explosive plays and make defenses feel threatened in the passing game. Kelvin needs a target across from him that defenses pay an equal amount of attention to every snap to open things up for the running game and Olsen as well.

I remember the play you're referring to but I don't remember what we did on the plays before it in the series. I can concede that a speedy WR would have helped on that play, but my point is that we shouldn't have been calling a long bomb if Brenton Bersin is considered our #2. Shula doesn't seem to understand that he has to call short, nickel and dime passes when all he has talent-wise is possession receivers. A great offensive coordinator can move the chains even with sub-par talent.