• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edmund Kugbila

cardiackat88.

Thank you for expressing literally EVERYthing on your mind.

Yeah ok Mr. Random-internet-tough-guy. A person who uses the term waste of oxygen to a guy trying to make it in the NFL and has suffered 2 season ending injuries, is not a person who displays empathy for human life/struggles. And a person who displays this behavior will be responded to in kind. Yes the NFL is a cut-throat business, and you could call him a waste of a roster spot and not receive any of the criticism your about to.

I don't know that he's ever been through a full practice with the team. Missed OTAs his rookie year with a leg injury then pulled his hamstring on the first day of camp. Then knee surgery. Was still rehabbing for last years OTAs then was shelved on July 25th to get back surgery which must have been the first day or two of camp.

Yeah ok Mr. Random-internet-tough-guy. A person who uses the term waste of oxygen to a guy trying to make it in the NFL and has suffered 2 season ending injuries, is not a person who displays empathy for human life/struggles. And a person who displays this behavior will be responded to in kind. Yes the NFL is a cut-throat business, and you could call him a waste of a roster spot and not receive any of the criticism your about to.

grb-productions31-e1329748852423.jpg

I don't know that he's ever been through a full practice with the team. Missed OTAs his rookie year with a leg injury then pulled his hamstring on the first day of camp. Then knee surgery. Was still rehabbing for last years OTAs then was shelved on July 25th to get back surgery which must have been the first day or two of camp.

Yeah, this.  It'd be different if during all this time we were developing him or something... but it's all pretty much just been wasted time.  Even though it's his 3rd year he still has virtually zero chemistry with the team.

Hopefully he can come out this year and surprise, but I know it's wishful thinking.  If nothing else, he better have studied the hell out of the playbook while he was out.

I got kugzilla making the PS this year.

Its almost too perfect for him unless he gets another big injury. There's a very very small chance he gets claimed, unless his play was great. Even then the would not play him much in order to avoid tape. PS is up to 10 spots, that's a good spot for a 4th round hawg hollie form years past.

There was a post on Reddit about him last week:  http://www.reddit.com/r/panthers/comments/32kiie/edmund_kugbila/

From that post I found this nugget: " we call Kugbila "Yeti," because we're pretty sure that him being on a football field doesn't exist."

I have read some criticism about Gettlemen about this, but let's take a look at the situation and time:

1.  Gettlemen was a rookie GM going into his first draft.

2. The OL staff worked out Kugbila when he came and were impressed.  Did they, not the scouts, influence DG?

3. Kugbila was a fourth round pick; I think our expectations are high for him because his other late round picks have been pretty good.  Most 4th round picks across the league do not pan out. 

Kugbila was put on IR to allow for him to develop without occupying a roster spot, basically.  He is not that injury prone.

Archived