• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Awesome Obscure Sports

Captroop

In light the roundly disappointing boxing match from the past weekend, I would like to use this thread to show some love to sports that, while obscure, are much more deserving of our time and attention (and up to $99) than watching two over-the-hill gay-bashing politicians and wife-beating illiterates get paid tens of millions of dollars to paw at each other and hug.

So rather than continue to support the old guard, I think we should take the time to raise awareness to lesser known, but much more entertaining sports. After all, the only thing that separates these activities from a marquis boxing match is a bunch of hype.

I humbly nominate...whatever the hell this is:

Did nobody here watch "Full Metal Jousting" for the very short period it was on TV (February - April 2012)? It was pretty crazy. They came up with teams of inexperienced contestants and each team had a coach who taught them and each show culminated in the tournament of one guy from each team squaring off.

Did nobody here watch "Full Metal Jousting" for the very short period it was on TV (February - April 2012)? It was pretty crazy. They came up with teams of inexperienced contestants and each team had a coach who taught them and each show culminated in the tournament of one guy from each team squaring off.

That was a great show.  I was so disappointed they didn't have a 2nd season.

Archived