• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little trouble in paradise (Seattle)? RW contract talks

Because it flat out is a business for these guys.

You would never take less than market value for your salary just so the company could be more profitable.....would you?

Oh I know why they do it.  Most of these guys probably never wanna seriously work again after they get done in the NFL.  They're wanting to set themselves up for life so they're gonna try to get every penny they can.

if I am reading the thread right... RW didn't win by himself. The Panthers have won quite a few games because of Cam. Therefore,

Cam is gonna get paid.

And a top defense as well. There is selective attention here.

Wilson didn't win a Super Bowl, the Seahawks did. This ain't tennis. But if you're going to say Wilson personally won a Super Bowl you also gotta say he personally lost one too. Sounds like it evens out.

I am not disagreeing with you, but that is the reality of the situation. Just look at the Joe Flacco contract.

Yeah, I understand that. My point is though...that our defense is pretty badass to say the least. And while we havent had a wonderful running game and dealt with injuries and less that stellar talent on the o-line, we are all hoping all of that turns around this year.

So then lets take some of these peoples argument and turn it around. Lets imagine we do win the superbowl this year. Can we justify paying cam LESS for the simple fact that a badass defense got us there? Our defense is the main reason we have been as competitive as we have been the last 2 seasons...so I would put forth that as great as Cam is and all the plays that he has made here in there, it was our DEFENSE that kept us in games and competitive as it were. Can any QB say they won a ring without the help of the team overall (which is basically what some are saying Wilson is lacking...poor guy played on a good team so poo on him)

I don't think many people believe that Cam should take less than he deserves. I believe (at least I feel) he should get what he deserves, but not get stupid with it. Being 10s of millions away at 20 mil a year........is stupid. For ANYBODY!!! I think people would love it if Cam decided to give a small discount, but not many truly expect it. It's more of us not having to pay 28 mil a year for one player. I hope Cam is paid fair, but nothing ridiculous.

Cam's best bet is try and get more than Kaep and Dalton but he knows that Russ is the ceiling. He may very well be better but "I deserve more because my team isn't as good" doesn't fly in contract negotiations the way playoff and super bowl wins do.

The difference between Cam and RW is that RW relies on luck 95 percent of the time while cam is all skill...

seattle-converts-2pt-conversion-against-

Cam would never get away with that bull poo but RW does ALL THE TIME.

seahawks-get-lucky-super-bowl.gif?w=1000

seahawks.gif?w=450&h=250

lolseattle.gif

I mean how fuggin lucky can this guy get? He also has one of the most dominate defenses in NFL history. smh

The difference between Cam and RW is that RW relies on luck 95 percent of the time while cam is all skill...

seattle-converts-2pt-conversion-against-

For a back foot, across the body toss this one is impressive tho...........................

Cam tends to zero in on his receiver and that same throw would have been a pick 6 if not for the misdirection.

And Cam alone may or may not win us a superbowl..the Panthers will (or not)

The only difference is one team has won it once, been to a second, and otherwise dominated the league over the past few years. The other (us) have no such claim. Hell, most of the people here measure our team against Seattle.

I dont have an issue with Cam getting paid big money (even if it breaks the team) But to say (and i havent seen that he has but everyone seems to put words in his mouth that he will) ask for RW type money is a joke, and in my opinion would make Cam more big-headed than people are accusing Wilson of being.

I know we are all homers for Cam and out team, but step out of the box for a moment and look at the RESULTS. Anyone who thinks Gettleman is just gonna ignore these things and dish out the kind of money people say RW is demanding to Cam is dreaming.

I'm not comparing Cam and Wilson. I'm just talking about Wilson. Wilson is a mobile Trent Dilfer. That's it. He is not the crux of that offense.

If you wanna talk about Cam, well Cam is a LOT bigger part of his offense than Wilson is. If you wanna lay out percentages and pay Wilson an equivalent percentage to his contribution to the offense and pay Cam the same way, scaling to total pool of money dedicated to the offenses based on team success, Cam is still getting a bigger payday than Wilson. Will it happen that way? I dunno. I don't read tea leaves.

I'm pretty confident I won't have a problem with how much they pay Cam within reason because of how much he is relied upon and how much of a difference he made in this team.

For a back foot, across the body toss this one is impressive tho...........................

Cam tends to zero in on his receiver and that same throw would have been a pick 6 if not for the misdirection.

9/10 times that ball would get picked off regardless. I mean just watch Clinton Dix just stand there.

Archived