• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wide Receiver Depth Chart - OTA Week 2

Jeremy Igo

​DeAndre Presley was signed even later than Hill, wasn't a WR in college, didn't participate any off season and beat him out for a roster spot when needed.

I heard funny story about Hill, rumor has it the jets knew we has terrible 2 weeks into OTA, apparently the UDFA rookies were out performing in practice, jets kept him on the roster not to look like complete fools for drafting him.

Hey man, it's fine if you have no faith in Hill ever catching on with the Panthers, but why are you making poo up? 

Pressly has been with Carolina since 2013.

If Brenton Bersin's sorry ass is number 4 on our depth chart entering the season, many people will be quite disappointed.  

If our biggest weakness on the team is our 4/5 receiver we are in pretty good shape.

When you factor in Olsen our 4/5 receivers will actually be 5/6 in team catches.  If we actually throw to our backs some they could be even lower.  Whoever gets those last roster spots will probably be lucky to have 30 receptions on the year.

If we assume that KB, Funchess, and Brown become our starting 3 that might only leave 2 roster spots active on game day.  Funchess might not start the season as a starter, since he is a rookie, but I think most of us expect or hope that is the case by later in the season.

I would think Ginn has a very good chance of making the team because of PR ability, so that leaves 1 game day roster spot.

With the last spot, who would you activate on game day? Cotchery, Hill, Bersin, or one of the other young guys.

Hill might give you potential but Cotchery or Bersin might give you dependability. Whoever wins this spot might see the majority of their limited action in 3 or 4 receiver sets on 3rd down.  

Cotchery might start the season as the #2 and transition into this role later in the season.  Or the team might decide to go with Bersin or Hill from the start and save some cap space.  Either way there is a lot of time left to evaluate players before the final 53 is decided.  Someone like Byrd or Boykin might show out in the preseason games. 

• Pie 1

Thinking Bersin gets a hat over Hill because he went to Woford is laughable. Hill was on the PS last year and 31 other teams could have plucked him away. None of them did. I am not buying into the conspiracy that Jerry reserves roster spots for pets. This is ridiculous.

There are lots of guys that worked hard that haven't gotten the opportunities that Bersin has. We aren't saying that Bersin hasn't worked hard. Bersin is the guy that gets the interview because of who he knows. Doesn't mean he isn't qualified for the position, but under most circumstances a player doesn't get to hang around that long. 

People in here arguing about Hill, Bersin, Cotchery and Philly LMAO, I wonder if any of them would even be in NFL rosters if it wasn't for the panthers.

Here's hoping Kelvin, Funchess, Olsen and Ginn are enough for the passing game to be successful

​You're including brown with Hill?? WTF

Brown, appears to be more than a steady part of the rotation by the Panthers. And rightfully so.

If our biggest weakness on the team is our 4/5 receiver we are in pretty good shape.

When you factor in Olsen our 4/5 receivers will actually be 5/6 in team catches.  If we actually throw to our backs some they could be even lower.  Whoever gets those last roster spots will probably be lucky to have 30 receptions on the year.

If we assume that KB, Funchess, and Brown become our starting 3 that might only leave 2 roster spots active on game day.  Funchess might not start the season as a starter, since he is a rookie, but I think most of us expect or hope that is the case by later in the season.

I would think Ginn has a very good chance of making the team because of PR ability, so that leaves 1 game day roster spot.

With the last spot, who would you activate on game day? Cotchery, Hill, Bersin, or one of the other young guys.

Hill might give you potential but Cotchery or Bersin might give you dependability. Whoever wins this spot might see the majority of their limited action in 3 or 4 receiver sets on 3rd down.  

Cotchery might start the season as the #2 and transition into this role later in the season.  Or the team might decide to go with Bersin or Hill from the start and save some cap space.  Either way there is a lot of time left to evaluate players before the final 53 is decided.  Someone like Byrd or Boykin might show out in the preseason games. 

This.  Really only our top 3 WRs get significant run.  We rarely go 5 wide and when we go 4 wide, Olsen is one of the 4.  

I figured it'd be tough for Bersin to make the team simply because I thought we'd want our bottom of the roster WRs to be contributors on special teams.

People in here arguing about Hill, Bersin, Cotchery and Philly LMAO, I wonder if any of them would even be in NFL rosters if it wasn't for the panthers.

Here's hoping Kelvin, Funchess, Olsen and Ginn are enough for the passing game to be successful

​Good lord.

Exactly how many teams 5th WR is "good"?

Hey man, it's fine if you have no faith in Hill ever catching on with the Panthers, but why are you making poo up? 

Pressly has been with Carolina since 2013.

​how and why would I make up a story about Hill? They were saying this when he got released

I'm in the camp that Bersin as a reserve WR = totally acceptable.

Bersin as a PR = God-awful.

He won't be needed as a PR this year, only as a WR, and if he earns his spot in camp, he deserves it like anyone else.

He had 13 rec.  All year..