• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beginning of the End For the Redskins?

...yes it does

What aspect of the game of football does the name of a team have to do with? This isn't a football discussion, it's a politics discussion. Which is fine, but why it should be in the tinderbox. I don't really care if it stays here, there's nothing else going on, but it does belong in the tinderbox with all the other related discussions.

by god it's gettin so a fella can't even use a racial slur as a football team name without some fancypants liberal gettin all offended about it. back in my day you could use whatever racial slurs you wanted and nobody said nothin. praying for this great nation

Obama is killing this great nation because the libtards elected a damn Muslim in the Oval Office and now they're telling me what flags I can and can't fly. I pray that Trump gets elected so the real America can come back like it was when Reagan was in office

I won't debate that the name is right or wrong but I never like the idea of some government official sitting around deciding morality for the rest of us. If they change the name it should be their decision, not something forced upon them by the government.

I always viewed a Native American warrior as a fine mascot. To me they embody the spirit of a warrior in ferocity, tenacity and will. That being said, it's the name not the mascot that's in question here. And it should go. It's clearly a racial slur.

I hate FSU but their whole warrior riding a horse with a flaming spear is bad ass. But they have the benefit of being named after a specific tribe who support the school...after being paid off but whatever.

But Redskins? Nah. It should go.

What aspect of the game of football does the name of a team have to do with? This isn't a football discussion, it's a politics discussion. Which is fine, but why it should be in the tinderbox. I don't really care if it stays here, there's nothing else going on, but it does belong in the tinderbox with all the other related discussions.

Breathe.

Its an NFL team. Therefore it's a football discussion. 

by god it's gettin so a fella can't even use a racial slur as a football team name without some fancypants liberal gettin all offended about it. back in my day you could use whatever racial slurs you wanted and nobody said nothin. praying for this great nation

I am stealing this.  It is beautiful. 

my question is: if the redskins are forced to change their name, is the focus shifted to other teams like the cleveland indians (whose chief yahoo is arguably more offensive) and the atlanta braves? 

waiting for the slippery slope argument...

Is it possible to do anything in today's Murica that doesn't offend someone?  

Land of the offended.  Its just getting started my friends.  

...was not disappointed

Archived