• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lee Ward - The Punisher

Jeremy Igo

This is all works of God' We lose Tyler Gaffney too Patriots which was known for blocking' thats the main reason we drafted him' last year show when Tolbert went down we were lost and we did lose" So listen if we still had Gaffney and Tolbert now' Ward would've been overlooked..So he's a gift from God!! We officially have 6 lineman on the field every down he plays!! He's the best blocker we have already and he a rookie so just imagine his growth" He's a easy 5 yard gain out the backfield coming off a halfblock route.. Hes a better blocker than Tolbert so thats a guaranteed upgrade" We need Ward aka Ward'er'boy the Punisher"!!!!

we can get pretty creative with him on the field in goal line packages with cam, stewart, tolbert and benji and funch on the outside. and olsen either blocking or running a bootleg pass...lots of different options.

thats a fuging nightmare to defend. I think he needs to prove he can catch out of the backfield. We are going to have to smash people in the mouth with our line if oher is suspect in pass pro.

I feel like ward will go to the PS, If we loose Tolbert/brockel to injury again this year I can see him getting the call up. Hell if he is showing more promise than brockel then maybe cut him instead. The only problem going that route is that we will no longer have brockel, while if we keep Ward on the PS we are 3 deep at FB going into the season.

• Pie 1

Top 5 fullbacks from last season according to Bleacher Report and how the Punisher measures up:

5) James Develin, Patriots:

40 time: 5.02

Height/weight:  6'3" 255
Couldn't find bench press info

4) Kyle Juszcyk, Ravens:

40 time:  4.72
Height/Weight:  6'1" 248
24 reps on the bench press

3) Bruce Miller, 49ers:

40 time:  4.99
Height/Weight:  6'1" 254
35 reps on the bench press

2) Henry Hynoski, Giants:

40 time:  5.06
Height/Weight:  6'1" 260
24 reps on the bench press

1) Anthony Sherman, Chiefs:

40 time: 4.75
Height/Weight:  5'10" 242
32 reps on the bench press

Lee 'the Punisher' Ward

40 time: 4.89
Height/Weight:  6' 250 (Some have him listed at 5'11" others at 6'1".  I heard no one has gotten close enough to actually measure him without getting pancaked)
35 reps on the bench press

As you can see, physically he most compares to Bruce Miller. 

Personally I love the idea of a true fullback and the I-formation.  I know there are more important things going on, but this is the most interesting thing for me this summer.  Way too often I dream of something like this:

A third and short, I-formation with Ward and Tolbert.  The ball is snapped and all the WRs begin their 26 yard digs.  Ward runs through the line, hits a linebacker in the mouth (killing him in the process and accidentally impregnating his wife) and then runs out to the flat.  Cam fakes it to Tolbert, and then rolls out.  The routes are still developing and the defender in the flat has a decision, and either way it's wrong.  He panics, rushes Cam who tosses a lob to Ward for the easiest third and short we've ever converted with Shula.  

But then I wake up, realize it's August and just hope he makes the practice squad.  

• Pie 4

A lot of you are saying that RR has a huge vet boner, but I'm not so sure.

This roster seems to be getting better, while also getting younger.  Yes, we have Cotch, Roman, Cole, Edwards, etc...but there aren't a ton of expensive vets like Foxy's days here.  TD, Big Money, Kalil, and maybe Stew are the only "starters" that are getting up there in years.

• Pie 2

A lot of you are saying that RR has a huge vet boner, but I'm not so sure.

This roster seems to be getting better, while also getting younger.  Yes, we have Cotch, Roman, Cole, Edwards, etc...but there aren't a ton of expensive vets like Foxy's days here.  TD, Big Money, Kalil, and maybe Stew are the only "starters" that are getting up there in years.

I was going to make the same argument. People have short memories though and only remember last year when the shitty vets started over our unproven unknown youngbloods. Eventually the shitty vets proved to be too shitty, so they put in the young guys and the young guys stepped up. They forget about the year before when we started double digit rookies.

Now FOX... he had a vet boner...

Edited by Cracka McNasty
  • Pie 4