• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp Notes and Photos - Day 5

Jeremy Igo

I'm curious if you're seeing Coleman as the rotational SS on passing downs or some other setup. Also curious where they line up when he and Harper are both on the field together. Also, on Ward -- is he getting first team reps as a true old school run block leading FB? Thanks!

• Pie 1

i will not freak out about the offense until i see them in the preseason. i have a hunch half of their struggles are in blue jerseys playing on the other side of the ball. 

that said, as bittersweet as it is, if our offense continues to struggle this season... i dont know how this Front Office cant let go of Mike Shula. we gave him weapons. we did the best we could with the OL given the circumstances we had to work with. and Cam Newton is finally healthy. there comes a point where you cant hide behind poor OL play. there are ways to scheme around that and Shula has never seemed to figure them out. if the offense continues to struggle to score points with all the talent there, Shula needs to be given a demotion back to QB coach, or his walking papers, one or the other

• Pie 7

Thanks for the updates! I can't make it to training camp this year and your coverage has helped the football withdrawals.

All the talk about the offensive struggles is starting to make me anxious and giving me flashbacks from last season. I had hoped Oher would be at least serviceable until Gettleman could find a true replacement for Gross...

I'll reserve judgement until after the dress rehearsal preseason game, but I'm already quite worried.

'The Panthers offense struggled again overall today. Cam Newton was either sacked or forced to scramble on a good number of snaps. This is starting to be a concern and brings back memories of last season. The offense needs better play selection with quicker developing routes along with better protection if it hopes to improve this season. '

Wow ... sounds familiar.  A porous OL and Shula's offense.  SSDD.  Please let there be hope.