• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have the weapons...do you have the heart?

Wundrbread33

am i the only one that thinks this year just got alot more interesting? 

im no optimist about all this. i certainly think it will hurt us to not have KB in the lineup. but im no pessimist either. one guy doesnt make our team. Do i have confidence? no. but at the same time, i trust in the roster, both from talent and leadership perspectives. 

before KB went down, we all knew that we were going to dominate this season. at least within our division. but frankly, i enjoy a good roller coaster. and i am no fairweather fan. i have tickets to three games already, and if i get enough funds to go to more, i will. 

the unknown about this team is exciting to me. will there be heartbreak this season? its Panther football, so yes there probably will be. but i still believe in this team's ability to compete this year. It just got harder, but i honestly wasnt expecting a Lombardi this year anyway (dont flame me, i was just tempering expectations).

I still think we make the post season. I still think we win the division, or win a wild card and give whichever team that does win the division a run for their money. I still think we will win another playoff game. I used to think that anything less than an appearance in the NFCCG would be a disappointment. with KB's injury, i think just to make it there will say alot about the team we have. and i'll be damn proud of them if they can achieve that. it will be a surprise if they make it that far. but i believe they can. 

the season is not lost people. i know we are all itching to dominate the league, but that's coming. we just have to be patient for one more season. and a hell of a season it will be my friends. its gonna be fun, and i wouldnt share it with any other group of miscreants on the planet ;) luv u guyz fo realz doe...

#keeppounding everyone

STOP WITH THE SO IN SO HAD THIS MANY YARDS LAST YEAR.

This isn't Steve Smith and crew anymore.  We have a good group that less than a week ago we were discussing someone good is going to get cut.

I got it Bersin only had 151 yard.  Wanna put money he has more this year?  I am not a betting man but damn it.  With KB out Bersin IS going to see more field time. He'll contribute more. 

Think Brown is going to have 296 yds this year....hahahahahahahahahaha Seriously doubt it. He'll have far more

Or Ted Ginn?  191 yds.  Yeah Right.  He didn't come back to Carolina to be our PR.  He has a chemistry with Cam.

Will Funchess have 1000 yds, probably not, but if each one of the above names rattles off 200 more yard a piece and Funchess knocks down 500 yds.    We are minimum even.  I would dare to say MORE DANGEROUS because Cam is spreading the ball around.

I expect all of these guys to exceed last years totals EASILY. 

DAMN IT I didn't want to see this happen to us.  IT sucks and it definitely took some wind out of our sails but we aren't the Steve Smith Carolina Panthers where it was Steve Smith and Who. 

This is NEXT MAN UP PANTHERS

GO PANTHERS

STOP WITH THE SO IN SO HAD THIS MANY YARDS LAST YEAR.

This isn't Steve Smith and crew anymore.  We have a good group that less than a week ago we were discussing someone good is going to get cut.

I got it Bersin only had 151 yard.  Wanna put money he has more this year?  I am not a betting man but damn it.  With KB out Bersin IS going to see more field time. He'll contribute more. 

Think Brown is going to have 296 yds this year....hahahahahahahahahaha Seriously doubt it. He'll have far more

Or Ted Ginn?  191 yds.  Yeah Right.  He didn't come back to Carolina to be our PR.  He has a chemistry with Cam.

Will Funchess have 1000 yds, probably not, but if each one of the above names rattles off 200 more yard a piece and Funchess knocks down 500 yds.    We are minimum even.  I would dare to say MORE DANGEROUS because Cam is spreading the ball around.

I expect all of these guys to exceed last years totals EASILY. 

DAMN IT I didn't want to see this happen to us.  IT sucks and it definitely took some wind out of our sails but we aren't the Steve Smith Carolina Panthers where it was Steve Smith and Who. 

This is NEXT MAN UP PANTHERS

GO PANTHERS

Hell yeah Dave that's some good poo right there. Preach bro. Go Panthers!!!

Yes we lost our #1 WR, but damn...this team will still win the NFC South and will do damage in January. There is no doubt in my mind that this team has a shot to hold the Lombardi when the dust settles.

Our offensive line will get it done. 4 of the 5 will carry over what they did at the end of last season, and Oher will put his big boy pants on and rebound.

Stewart, Tolbert, and Cam will get it done on the ground.

Funchess will step up his game as the year progresses, Ginn and Brown give us the ability to spread the field, Cotchery will rebound after a so so last season, and Olsen (our actual #1) will still be a mismatch nightmare.

Not to mention another receiver/TE from the pack will step up. It will happen.

Ginn also improves our average field position, further helping the offense.

Don't even get me started about how dominant our D will be...

Stop crying and enjoy the team we have and don't be surprised when you find out the depth of heart, and roster, that your 2015/2016 Carolina Panthers have.

Can you match the heart that this team has?

Keep Pounding or STFU.

I think a better question is: Do we a good enough OC?

We are hardly the first team in the history of the NFL to lose a dominant receiver and go into the season.  Hell last year look at the 2 super bowl teams, lets start with the obvious in Seattle.  Seattle trotted out Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Ricardo Lockette and Luke Wilson at TE.  No one on gods green earth could argue that any of those 4 are more than a #2 in the NFL, and that could only really go for Baldwin, the rest are just pure garbage.  What's crazy is that wasn't the only team in the superbowl with garbage at receiver.  New England trotted out Brandon Lafell and Julien Edelman as their top 2 wide outs (that tandem is very comparable to what we very well might trot out) and Gronk.  I know you're thinking "But gronk is a dominant TE", but he only had 1,100 yards, and we had 1,000 from Greg, thats very comparable.

Fact of the matter, we are still FAR from finished, and the weapons we have can be used and used highly effectively.  I for one expect big things from Corey Brown this year.  One thought I wondered, if Shula had the creativity to do something like a 3 wide speed package with Brown, Ginn, and Byrd (should they decide to keep him on the active roster).  I'm not giving up, we've got a franchise QB and I truly believe he is ready to take that next step to elite status, we've got an elite defense that will be ready to go all guns blazing week one, We've still got the Core of our vets and Our return game is gonna improve greatly with Ginn on Punts and Todman on kickoffs.  Everyone needs to quit flipping out.

4tPcXby.jpg

Archived