• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An Alternative Roster Projection - The Youth Movement

Jeremy Igo

I'd' move Byrd to practice squad and keep Cotch; and keep Tolbert over Todman 

People underestimate the necessity for a solid vet like Cotch

Tolbert is still extremely effective at catching the ball out of the backfield and will be an absolute necessity safety line for Cam this season 

that doesn't quite jive with your youth movement 

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 1

Panthro making a great point about the comp pick.  Wegher has proven his worth, and looks solid on ST.  Cut Trusnik, hope we get the 3rd round comp, keep Wegher...everyone profits. 

Tolbert would surprise as a cut, but it may have to be done.  Any chance Ward would make it to the practice squad?  I could see them stashing him for now, and should Tolbert or even a RB go down, bring up Ward.

Don't see Cotch being cut at all, though.  Even in the Camp Confidential videos the team has been doing, Cotch's role as a leader has been talked about.  Can't see them cutting him and rolling with a super young group (outside of Ginn) after KB has gone down.

• Pie 1

I'd' move Byrd to practice squad and keep Cotch; and keep Tolbert over Todman 

People underestimate the necessity for a solid vet like Cotch

Tolbert is still extremely effective at catching the ball out of the backfield and will be an absolute necessity safety line for Cam this season 

that doesn't quite jive with your youth movement 

I wouldn't describe catching less than 30 passes three years straight as "extremely effective" 

Wouldn't you wonder what another RB with some speed would've done with that catch? 

Only thing he does better than the other RBs outside of Stewart is pass block.

Yes please.  Love this.  I think going this route would 'possibly'  impact us,  slightly negatively,  this year (but maybe not) but could pay huge dividends going forward. 

Also,  it would be interesting to see how favorably this impacted the cap. 

Edited by Cam El

I wouldn't describe catching less than 30 passes three years straight as "extremely effective" 

Wouldn't you wonder what another RB with some speed would've done with that catch? 

Only thing he does better than the other RBs outside of Stewart is pass block.

might have been a bit of an exaggeration- he's dependable when healthy that's for sure and is a beast at the goaline which I left out

Edited by SOJA

There would be a lot of 'WTF are they doing!!' if Tolbert didn't make the team, but those people probably haven't seen Ward in action. As for Tolbert being a better ball carrier than Ward, the depth we'd have with CAP, Todman, and Wegher backing up Stewart takes care of that. I don't know how the coaching staff feels about Tolbert vs. Ward, or even if it's an either/or deal to them, but it makes sense to me.

I think they'll still go with what they think is the best 53, but if it means losing a potential future starter in order to keep a guy who's already played 10 or more years, then I hope the vet can still produce.

If you have each RB 10 attempts from the 2 yard line, do we really think Tolbert would be obviously more effective than everyone excluding Stewart? 

He's been pretty stoppable lately. Anyone remember that 3rd & 9 draw in the first half? He runs 7 yards untouched straight into a tackler. A different back might've made a move for the extra 3. 

I'm always left thinking what someone else would've done with that carry. 

• Pie 1