• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about when we were wrong...

Wundrbread33

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread where we just poo all over ourselves for times when we DRASTICALLY overrated a player that ended up flopping tremendously.

To get things kicked off...

I was all over that David Gettis train. I mean I rode in every cabin, held jobs as the conductor and engineer,....heck I even sang show tunes from the caboose when the train entered town.

Injuries took promise away, but I felt like the kid was pro bowl material...only to get cut from us and then cut again by other teams. Even sparring injury, there is no way he could have lived up to the hype I had created in my head.

There that felt good. Who is next?

-really, really believed in matt moore

-had similarly high hopes for clausen

-was hyped for david carr and thought he just needed to spend a few years on the bench and he'd take over when delhomme hung it up

-was on the "lol scammy scam laptop his dad tried to hock the BCS trophy can't run an NFL offense" train until cam's public workout

-wasn't a fan of the kuechly selection

-i was really intrigued by tank tyler and thought he'd develop into a great player for us.  also louis leonard and some of those other scrubby DTs we had at the tail end of the fox era

-bdjs (if you don't know what that means you need to learn the lore) until week 1 2009 when we reached the final frontier and it was obvious he was done

Archived