• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Giant Debacle - Straw Grasping in NYC

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

89 would swing on anyone...with or without a helmet, teammate or opponent.  I do think you can draw some comparison's between the two.  89 struggled with controlling his anger and all reports or NY Giants have worried about the same issue.  Just b/c every outburst wouldn't be an apples to apples moment doesn't mean they aren't similar guys.

Point was 89 had legit anger issues and he never beat them.  He got better at it but to this day it is an issue for the man. Beckham has issues.

Point was merely we gotta be careful calling him the biggest POS ever...when our GOAT had a comparable problem.

That is the NFL fault too....you wouldn't of wanted to make 89 the face of the NFL in 2003.  He had too many issues.  NFL shouldn't of put this kid as the face of the NFL recently.  He ain't that kind of dude (not this young and w/ his issues)

What a complete load of BS.

Show me a video of him launching himself helmet to helmet into another player at the end of the play.

Show me a video where he stopped running routes and decided to head-hunt.

Heck, just find me a video of him punching an opposing player.

Smith was in no way shape or form the scum that Beckham displayed himself as on Sunday. I question how long you've been a Panther fan if you think they're the same.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, PghPanther said:

There is a path for talent to find itself right to the NFL with little or no regards to the social upbringing/maturity or the personal accountability, social responsibility and fiscal understanding of the athlete involved.

This is why I prefer that my team have some integrity. But don't listen to me... we have too many choir boys on our roster. #amidoingitright?

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, Steve Smith is viewed as the GOAT around here.

Beckham IMO has a lot of Steve Smith in him.  89 learned to deal with his anger issues but even today 89 struggles w/ it.  He never learned to make it a nonissue.

There are parallels yes. But it's an unfair comparison. Smith never acted like a bitchtard, save for his release from the team. Against other players, he mostly let his play do the talking, but when he had to get into it with someone, he wasn't a diva about it. He was much more hard nosed. OBJ had just been acting like a spoiled brat

• Pie 1

OBJ has legitimate anger management issues.  Unfortunately, at his age, it's unlikely he'll completely resolve them, so it is likely that he will have another meltdown at some point.  The problem for him now, though, is that with this being so public anything he does in the future will be highlighted and discussed by the talking heads and won't be swept under the rug. No matter what he does, his reputation and the perception of him has been forever changed.   

3 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

What has transpired the past 24 hours has been an utter embarrassment to the entire Giants organization. From enabling Beckham during the game, to excuse after excuse after the game. Really is unprecedented and dispicable. 

Agreed.  For Tom Coughlin to play it off like it wasn't anything is nearly as inexcusable at Beckham's action..

As a fan of this organization before our team came into existence I am applaud that TC isn't on the white line answering to the actions of his players.

Beckham will never live down this thug type mentality.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Agreed.  For Tom Coughlin to play it off like it wasn't anything is nearly as inexcusable at Beckham's action..

As a fan of this organization before our team came into existence I am applaud that TC isn't on the white line answering to the actions of his players.

Beckham will never live down this thug type mentality.

I don't think it's a "thug" mentality. More just a little punk.

But yeah, it was uncomfortable watching the game, just knowing that OBJ was going to keep escalating the situation while his coach and refs did nothing.

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

um, he touched him.  That makes it sexual ASSAULT

Yes! ...and he wonders why others might choose to question his sexual orientation? 

I'm not condoning comments about sexual orientation as pre-game fodder, but as Zod said - it happens. Maybe those comments were in direct response to his ballet routine in the end zone during pre-game warmups? 

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/12/20/odell-beckham-jr-does-ballerina-end-zo

If you choose to draw attention to yourself in this way, don't be offended by negative feedback. 

Edited by CatMan72

This is like Watergate at this point. The (attempted) cover-up is worse than the offense. Beckham lost his cool in the heat of the game and became the bad guy. The Giants FO sits back and plans how to make Norman and the whole Panthers organization the real bad guy. What a bunch of assholes. They're now on my permanent poo list.

Can someone tell me; is there proof players called him names and use gay slurs? ESPN is saying stuff like "what we know today and what we know now is Norman the bad guy?" Are they basing this off of hear say? Isn't that slander? Until there is proof no blame is on josh. Also, let's say he did call him a homosexual, does that warrant six punches, a stomp, and a spear?

Giants' Franchise and its Leaders are a shame to the sport. NY PR should've made this an incident where OBJ was sympathetic and willing to move on, yet they smear their collective poo on the mess to try and cover it up by playing the blame-game.

Hey NY, the only reason people even like your poo team is because you were able to stop Brady's Ring Count.

So fuging glad we sent these clowns back to their obscurity,

• Pie 1