• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pulling for the Bengals until......

DaveThePanther2008

He also posted something after that to make up for his temper tantrum in the previous video. But its too late.. when you post something to the internet it lives forever. Someone can save or download something the instant it appears online! And use that poo against you for rest of your life. People still don't understand that in 2016 seriously.

3 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Exactly.

Giovanni caught the ball...turned...and took several steps.  He was a runner.  And, a helmet to helmet hit on a runner is not a penalty.  People keep saying targeting, but that is a college rule.

Brown was a defenseless receiver and Burfict went for the head.  That is s penalty.

amazing how many fans on here don't know the rules.

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line).

Of course it's slow motion but that looks like the crown to me.

31 minutes ago, Udogg said:

ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line).

Of course it's slow motion but that looks like the crown to me.

Exactly. You can't lead with the crown of your helmet. That's pop Warner poo. 

Both penalties were good calls. Burfict didnt have to hit Brown at all, he has to have more awareness if you're burfict. What football player is EVER taught to lower his head when tackling? Head up until you feel your pad in his torso and drive. Basic tackling.

Gio got speared. Both are illegal.

I'm of the opinion that if somebody is going to be upset about the Burfict hit vs. Brown (defenseless receiver) and not the Shazier hit vs. Gio (helmet-to-helmet) then they really have no grounds to stand on. Shazier hit was just as dirty, if not more so for leading with the crown of his helmet into Gio's face.

Officials gave Pittsburgh the ball on that play, then marched them into FG range on the other.

I can't help but think to myself that if it have been the Jets instead of the Steelers in that game with similar events happening that a flag would've been thrown both times instead of just once.

6 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

abhit.0.gif

Gimme a break. this was malicious and completely unnecessary and will be called every time in the NFL. As it should be. Fug Burfict.

Agreed. Should have, and easily could have, avoided contact entirely.

5 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

You can see Burfict pull his elbow in bracing for impact, head up calculating all the way the cheap shot he delivered rather than simply taking one step left avoiding contact. This was a choice this POS has displayed on the field over and over.

or, taking a step right and just HITTING Brown. Every opportunity to deliver a proper hit if he wanted to "claim" that he was trying to take down a ball carrier, or pull off the route entirely. He stays the course, lines him up and delivers an intentional shot to the head. THAT'S NOT AN ACCIDENT. Hard play happens every play every week and this crap DOESN'T HAPPEN. Why? Because these athletes are trained to know the difference and to be able to react. They've done it their whole lives. Burfict knew what he was doing and where he was hitting him. Antonio didn't move into that hit and even the guy draped over his back had enough time to react and try to actually hold him UP all while Burfict was preparing to deliver the hit. 

This all goes back to Marvin Lewis imo. When we played them after the ankle twisting incidents he said in his presser he didn't see a problem with what vontaze did.  Later in the week of course he got fined. (Vontaze).  When a coach condones or turns a blink eye this this type of play, it is he that should be held accountable to some degree.

8 hours ago, Growl said:

People will coo and caw because of the end result and his reputation, but unless you've played the game I don't think you quite understand how fast things happen in those situations. Again, I think his reputation which he has earned played a part.

Yes, things happen fast.... YET, some make the right and some make the wrong decisions !! Burfict is a POS, period...

9 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Purposeful hit to the head of a defenseless receiver if you can't see that........

abhit.0.gif

Geez I just hope Antonio Brown can return to his normal form of dominance. After taking a hit like this I would not fault someone one bit if their willingness to play football faded. I'm sure he will hear concerns from many family members and friends. Just like the odell hit, this blow to the head could've killed him.

Archived