• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we seriously the underdog with a 15-1 team at home against the 6th seed?

Wundrbread33

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I'm sorry, as I'm sure some of you are tired of reading/thinking about this stuff, but I honestly cannot believe we are sitting here at 15-1, as the number 1 seed in the NFL, as underdogs against the visiting Seattle Seahawks. (I know we are given 1.5 but you get what I'm saying)

I know they won the Super Bowl two years ago, and nearly did last year, but going 8-6 during this season (two wins against Pickles doesn't count) and being gifted a win last weekend tells me this is not the same team from the prior two years, and yet still, the majority see them walking in here and owning the place. Does the "what have you done lately" mantra only apply to some teams?

Honestly, all I should need to do to defend my team is point to "15-1" but people just give us no respect and act like it doesn't matter. Our loss to Atlanta "hurt our confidence" yet Seattle's loss to the Rams is overlooked.

It's downright disrespectful and I can't wait until Sunday at 4:30 when all these sons of bitches can pull up a chair at the all-you-can-eat crow buffet. Let's blow these bitches out.

Sounds like a plan. The blowout that is. Meanwhile on the Seahawks board they are actually complaining about how everyone is supposedly picking the Panthers to win the game.  I have never seen a 15-1 team so disrespected. I sure hope the Panthers are paying attention to the disrespect. If we as fans are angry about it, just imagine how much motivation the Panthers will have. This might be the fuel we need to win our first Lombardi. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam said:

60% of experts at NFL pickwatch pick us to win the game, FWIW. The top guy who was most accurate this year 66% picked Seattle however.

Out of the top 25 people on there, 20 picked us. I don't think the guy that was one to four percent better than them really makes that much of a difference

You have been paranoid this entire time about this game

3 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

We will be the underdogs no matter what, for every remaining game we have. Get over it, and keep pounding.

I think we would be favorites against Denver.  Ironic that our best line (or worst if you are betting us) could come against the other one seed.

I flew to Rochester, NY for the funeral of my father-in-law. I went to the local bar where I used to frequent wearing a Panthers hoodie. Multiple people came up to me and said what a tough matchup we have this weekend. No one said how tough we look or what a great season we have.

i think everyone bought into the medias hype that because Seattle was there before they are the team to beat and not the other way around. 

I am glad we are playing them tomorrow because until we slay the dragon in the stiffs the Panthers will not get the respect they deserve. After tomorrow the Panthers will be a lot more respected.

4 hours ago, TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam said:

God this reminds me of right before we played the Niners in January 2013

yep ive been dreading this day but have kept it to myself and didnt really do a PU spergout over it. our secondary is too banged up to cover the kearse/baldwin/lockett triple threat imo. josh will get his but i have no faith in two guys who were sitting on the couch most of the season to make critical stops come playoff time.

but thats just my opinion.

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The more hate the better.

This team feeds off being an underdog.

I agree. 

Players are humans and as a fellow human I've found that most people respond more to negative feeback. 

For example: 9 out of 10 people can say they are happy with your performance. Most people will focus more on the one person that didn't like your work. 

I'm actually glad we have some experts that are picking the Seahawks. Personally, I would be much more conerned about this game if we were unanimously favored.  

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The more hate the better.

This team feeds off being an underdog.

What pundits and Vegas are saying or doing all amounts to diddly squat.

The only thing that matters is the final score

Keep Pounding, Go Panthers!

I heard some 'expert' on something he knows...Seahawks fan also. He said in the first match-up, Cam had a 15 qbr going into the 4th (hadn't heard that before last night, so don't if it true) but even if so....the final score. Then he picked the Seahawks to win and told everybody to kiss his ass, which was weird to me since that's what Panther fans say.

7 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I'm sorry, as I'm sure some of you are tired of reading/thinking about this stuff, but I honestly cannot believe we are sitting here at 15-1, as the number 1 seed in the NFL, as underdogs against the visiting Seattle Seahawks. (I know we are given 1.5 but you get what I'm saying)

I know they won the Super Bowl two years ago, and nearly did last year, but going 8-6 during this season (two wins against Pickles doesn't count) and being gifted a win last weekend tells me this is not the same team from the prior two years, and yet still, the majority see them walking in here and owning the place. Does the "what have you done lately" mantra only apply to some teams?

Honestly, all I should need to do to defend my team is point to "15-1" but people just give us no respect and act like it doesn't matter. Our loss to Atlanta "hurt our confidence" yet Seattle's loss to the Rams is overlooked.

It's downright disrespectful and I can't wait until Sunday at 4:30 when all these sons of bitches can pull up a chair at the all-you-can-eat crow buffet. Let's blow these bitches out.

We have a 50% chance of winning.

3 minutes ago, King said:

This team has won one playoff game in 10 years.

You people act like the Panthers have done anything to earn the nod.

Said that the other day.  This is how it's going to be until you beat the big dogs, and win consistently.

Not many teams/players are going to get the benefit of the doubt until you continue to prove people wrong.

Archived