• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh David, David, David

sharkkiller

Let me start this out by saying, I am not bitching and moaning about anything, just pointing out a mistake that a beat writer for a team should not be making.

That said, this is a quote from one of David Newton's articles on ESPN (link):

Who else could be factor? Don’t overlook Mario Addison. He’s Carolina’s best pure pass-rusher. His pressure on the second play against Seattle led to middle linebacker Luke Kuechly getting a pick-six. He led all Carolina defensive ends with six sacks during the regular season. He actually played two more snaps (25 to 23) than Ealy against Seattle.

Everyone should know that it was KK Short with the pressure on that play, not Addison. Addison was the one who had the pressure on the 2nd pick by Finnegan.

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

I thought KK had pressure on that first bad play, then it was Addison the second time...

I think you are talking about Star stuffing Lynch on first play (which would not be "pressure", just kick ass defense), KK had pressure on second play, first interception.

Addison had pressure on second interception.

Yea, I don't like Newton, but Addison was very effective as a speed rusher and helped lead to the second INT.  I think his skillset will come into play with such an immobile QB and a pass heavy team, so I think he's right that Addison could be an Xfactor for us.  This game, our speed rushers (him and Delaire) will be huge especially if KK and Star dominate the middle of the line like they did this past sunday.

Newton has been an idiot for some time this season. This was my favorite... 

These Panthers' fans came to Seattle from Idaho. Didn't know they made Luke Kuechly jersey in DT size. Good timing for this couple on getting to see Kuechly. He is playing for the first time since suffering a concussion in the opener.

CRnm-ejU8AIS0bE.jpg

Followed by..

I sincerely apologize to Panthers fan @tmendoza73. Love your dedication to the team; so sorry my words hurt you

Archived