• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly a bust? One Bucs fan thought so

the butch

I'm not going to call it yet but we've seen our young rookies come out and make an impact right away. You can tell they are players. 

David, who plays the same position as Kuechly, completely outplayed, shined and performed Kuechly all day. I thought Kuechly had been taken out of the game. The only play I remember was when Martin pwned him early on. I think he gave up on himself after that. The knock on the guy was that he was soft and couldn't stand up in the NFL game. It sure looks like that so far as our FB Erik Lorig, who has a total of 15 starts at FB, picked up the pwning when Marting was done with him.

If they get him on a good strength program he has a shot of being a 3rd down LB for the kitties.

Agreed?

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1298445.0.html

Thread is at 14 pages.  Haven't jumped in yet, but it's the off season, so I plan to go annoy them a bit.

Luke has more nicknames that Cromartie has kids.

Long live Luuuuuke, Lukeness Monster, Keek, KeekMonster, Captain America, Clark Kent!

tbf, there were plenty of Panther fans that were thinking the same thing (maybe not that extreme) around that time

Kuechly didn't look great until he moved to MLB.

edit: lol oh wee the more recent comments are gold

"He's a nice piece in a well oiled defense. He would be Ruud like pedestrian on a lot of teams."

Eh I've read worse. Remember this article? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694994-carolina-panther-cam-newton-is-the-worst-nfl-draft-pick-ever

Cam Newton is a sure-fire bust. I am so certain of this that if he is the Panthers' starting quarterback in 2016, I will buy a Cam Newton jersey and stand in the stadium parking lot in my underwear when the Panthers come to  Tampa Bay and hold a sign proclaiming that Auburn rules over Florida and Carolina rules over Tampa Bay.

In five years, when The Golden Calf of Bristol is leading Denver into the playoffs and Cam Newton is riding someone's bench, remember this article.

granted he wasn't great at WLB.  maybe if he had stayed there he would have grown into the position but he would probably never get close to what he does at MLB.

that said, bucs fans were really reallllllly salty about the attention luke was getting over lavonte david for a long time, like up until 2014.  they were comparing him to barrett ruud and saying he couldn't cover and wasn't athletic and other insanely ignorant poo.  never mind that they (meaning david/kuechly) don't even play the same position, "luke isn't even the best linebacker in that division!1" was their rallying cry after he won DPOY in 2013.

edit:

whoops, looks like i spoke too soon!  we're still getting b. ruud comparisons in the year of our lord 2016 in bucland-

This.
He's a nice piece in a well oiled defense. He would be Ruud like pedestrian on a lot of teams.  The media loves a guy like him.  I'm sure Dolorious has a mouth full of the dude as I type this.

it's a response to a guy saying that he wouldn't be nearly as good behind the bucs' d-line.  yeah i don't think luke kuechly would be doing much of anything behind effing gerald mccoy.  what a joke.  go look up who our DTs were in 2012.

8 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

granted he wasn't great at WLB.  maybe if he had stayed there he would have grown into the position but he would probably never get close to what he does at MLB.

that said, bucs fans were really reallllllly salty about the attention luke was getting over lavonte david for a long time, like up until 2014.  they were comparing him to barrett ruud and saying he couldn't cover and wasn't athletic and other insanely ignorant poo.  never mind that they don't even play the same position, "luke isn't even the best linebacker in that division!1" was their rallying cry after he won DPOY in 2013.

One point. He didn't even play a season at WLB so it is hard to say as a rookie he wasn't good at WLB. In college as a WLB  he was second in the country in tackles as a WLB as a freshman. Just saying........

Archived