• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the NFL Hates Us: The Story of Cam Newton, and the "Relevance" Factor

Saca312

49 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

(tbh: I wrote it because I couldn't think of anything else to write about. If you got any subjects in mind that'd help as well)

Loved the profiles you've done of several of the players we drafted.

Maybe it would be interesting to go back and do retrospectives on some of our draft picks over the years - what was written about them prior to the draft, versus the end of their rookie season, including their rookie year or subsequent stats....

Being a fairly recent Panthers fans, I don't know much of draft hype or expectations of the rookies we've drafted prior to the Gettleman era (apart from Luke and Cam.)

I love the passion. You gotta give the Huddle its due. We are some passionate fuggers up in here.

I have been waiting a long time for my team to be hated. Cuz the only reason to be hated is cuz you are good. So I am just going to sit back and enjoy every single morsel of it.

not seeing it.. Just hates us cause we are good unlike Jacksonville or anothe of their bastard childs..

so glad the NFL hates St Louis more for now, moved the Rams back to their home..I would say they like Jacksonville the least as they are trying to pawn them off to London every year!!!!!!!!!

great post .ill rather be hated then have a losing record , screw what the outsiders think lol  they know were the best but they want to bring us down to make it look like we suck . they think us losing norman will make us a 4 win team , its so funny because we made norman and were an even better defense in 2013 without him . our secondary is the deepest its been in a long time .

21 minutes ago, Kuechly59 said:

I like some of what you said but that's a freaking book man make it a little more concise.

What did it take you to read it, 10 minutes? And how much time are you on the Huddle? I'd be willing to bet that 10 minutes is a drop in the bucket. If the guy has something to say, let him. At least it wasn't someone whining about something that some nobody said.

Success leads to jealousy, doesn't matter who you are. If anything, we should be glad that we're no longer an insignificant doormat. People are acknowledging us. We are a threat to them. They would never admit that they would love it if their team could be like ours. Relish this while it lasts.

2 hours ago, Kuechly59 said:

My comment came across a bit harsher than I intended it was a good post, hence why I pied him.

Sorry about that. The written word can confuse me. Well honestly, lots of things confuse me. I just jumped to a conclusion, and you got caught in the cross-hairs.

The reason we're hated is because we're different, and we're HOT.  We've got a great culture about us, and we're churning out to be a dynasty in the league.

Great threads you post, I appreciate it, but there are a few more layers here I'd like to make you aware of.

I guess, it was the General who had a thread a couple of months back explaining that sometimes people use athletes as examples to show how they are morally superior. They point at a guy like Cam and say to their girlfriend "I would NEVER dance like that, I would hand the ball back to the ref and walk off the field". Worse, what if they work in the media and are pompous pricks like Si's King who values his worth as more important than the players. Guys like that have a big microphone and even bigger ego's. They will broadcast to a lot of people falsely sensationalizing something that isnt really a problem or isnt really the story.

Steve Smith taught Cam every thing he knows as far is rubbing it in faces goes. It was a thing long before Cam was here.

This is similar to the transgender topic going on in NC right now. Pepsi Co, PayPal, Brian Adams!! lol. People need to make statements in order to scream to the world, "IM MORALLY SUPERIOR SEEEEEEE. I LIKE GAY PEOPLE. DOOOWN with North Carolinians and their anti gay NAZiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!~!1!" It is vane and negligent to make statements on these subjects to the general public without understanding the whole issue and all of the variables, but people like Brucey Sweatstein dont have any problem ignoring things like this when theyre trying to gain fans and notoriety. It's not important to him if you have to teach sex ed to 3 yr olds before you want to, he's busy trying to state how great of a man he is to the world.

So too with Cam, all too often, he makes it easy to point at him since he's emotional. Personally I would celebrate 3 times more than Cam and I would literally do it in guys faces for like 5 minutes if I scored like Cam does. They would literally have to cut away early from me for commercials because I would be busy LAUGHING in some dudes ear as he walks aaaaaaaall the way off the field. . . all slow and poo . . .every single touchdown. Then they would come back from break . . . . and I would still be pointing nodding and laughing at the camera

-15 yard penalty-

whatever coach, worth it.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:59 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Quality post, thanks. 

Ironic that some in this thread tear it down because it makes them feel inadequate, just like some do with Cam. 

The irony.

Another us against the world, everyone hates us....but I'm a fan so I'm unique thread.

I honestly have never met someone who doesn't appreciate the panther's last season. The people feeling inadequate are the ones making these threads and constantly bitching about the 'hate', and have been since the day Cam was drafted, that really isn't there anymore than any other successful team if you pay attention. Look, you'll find it.

But I get it, it's human nature to want to find some reason to think we're different and special. I just wish it was a good/valid one.

Nice post

But I will still bitch and call media people out for their hot takes on the Panthers though. Panthers actually have a great online and socisl media presence and we should use it to continue to push them to do better, and maybe change some writer's opinions

I quite frankly take some pride when an article mentions our fans and how passionate we can be on social media.

Archived