• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for the day 1 fans

Moose87Banks

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think he was asking if this is the most "hated" we have been. Not necessarily how bad the times were for the team in general.

But to answer the OP, it's simply success mixed with Cam Newton. A lot of hate comes from jealousy.

I think it was Drake who said (and I'm sure he got it from somewhere else) that "jealousy is just love and hate at the same time."

Fans of other teams wish they had our success last season; they wish they had a top 6 defense and a franchise game changing talent at QB: but they don't.

So they are just jealous. The outward display and what is admitted is the hate, but deep down...they know they respect what we have...oh they know.

Exactly. He was asking if other people hated us this bad.

46 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

WTF is this thread? You know when it was worse? When we were trying to decide whether Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen was the better choice to limp arm it 15 yards into a defenders hands for a pick 6. Or when getting swept by the Falcons was a regular occurrence. Honestly man, this place has been pathetic the last couple of days but this has to be the worst. 

Like others have said..  You really misinterpreted the thread

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

What I can't tolerate is the brutal hits that were allowed (and implicitly encouraged) by the refs. I am disappointed Rivera and Panthers brass hasn't come out stronger against it.

Agree with your entire post.

I just want to touch on one point and its just my opinion obviously. The NFL is one big corporation of course. Cam, Ron and the refs are employees. I believe everyone in the organization was as upset about that night as we were, maybe more so. But... they kept their complaints in house and didn't want to air it publicly. Right or wrong, I'm sure there is a spoken/unspoken rule that you don't do anything that will bring negative attention to the brand or product. (refs being part of the product too) Ron is what I would call a model person AND employee. I'm certain he let them know without question it was unacceptable (behind closed door) and they took notice. Only a blind person or someone in denial could disagree it went over the line. I'd be willing to bet Cam starts getting the calls he is supposed to get now. More than one way to skin a cat and Ron chose the quiet professional route.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Exactly. He was asking if other people hated us this bad.

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

Like others have said..  You really misinterpreted the thread

I know exactly what he meant and its pathetic, complaining about opposition fans being extra mean to us when the players are on the field taking the beatings they are to give us 15-1 seasons and superbowls. 

Became a fan in 95, I was in forth grade drawing panther signs. Never got so much hate until Cam became the QB. In the past people use to say "how many rings yall got"? "Yall never will when the superbowl" and "when is the last time yall been in the playoffs"? Even when we just been the previous year. But now its got so bad I just want to smack some of the ignorant assholes. 

For example, Im a African American barber and today the barber next to me was cutting a greenbay packers fan which happens to be white. He started talking about the game Thursday night and said Cam deserved all the hits he received and it was just good old fashion football. So me and him was debating over it for a good 10 minutes until he brought up the race card saying I was using it but I never said anything about race. I was shocked because I never seen a white person bring up the race card. Then I realized what the hate was all about. 

16 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

I know exactly what he meant and its pathetic, complaining about opposition fans being extra mean to us when the players are on the field taking the beatings they are to give us 15-1 seasons and superbowls. 

Really? Cuz it didn't come across like you understood it. Why are you so angry? 

35 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Became a fan in 95, I was in forth grade drawing panther signs. Never got so much hate until Cam became the QB. In the past people use to say "how many rings yall got"? "Yall never will when the superbowl" and "when is the last time yall been in the playoffs"? Even when we just been the previous year. But now its got so bad I just want to smack some of the ignorant assholes. 

For example, Im a African American barber and today the barber next to me was cutting a greenbay packers fan which happens to be white. He started talking about the game Thursday night and said Cam deserved all the hits he received and it was just good old fashion football. So me and him was debating over it for a good 10 minutes until he brought up the race card saying I was using it but I never said anything about race. I was shocked because I never seen a white person bring up the race card. Then I realized what the hate was all about. 

I love old school smash mouth football too, but rules are rules. If you're going to call it for one quarterback, it needs to be called for all.

in the sense of half the country hating our team and tuning into games hoping cam dies on the field, no, it's never been like this before

the team usually went 7-9 or 8-8 and fans of more storied franchises either didn't care about them, bitched about their stupid redskins or cowboys not being on local TV anymore, or thought the widdle expansion franchise was cute and adopted it as their second favorite for when they weren't playing their "real" team.  or they just said "wow you're a panthers fan?  they suck" and moved on.

and honestly i'd rather have it the way it is right now.  it's fun watching grown men having emotional breakdowns over a guy dancing after scoring a touchdown.

There was some in '96 when we came out of nowhere in the 2nd year to beat the Boys and make it to the NFC Championship Game. Some people were impressed, many were pissed off that a new franchise was in their 2nd season having more success than their team. Boys fans I knew were pissed and did not like the Panthers. Not as much contempt as there is now though.

I don't think it's just our success. This is a symptom of a greater problem in our society. You see it in our politics and in our media. There is no longer a mutual respect for people who disagree with you politically or pull for a different team than you, issued they are demonized. If your not with me you're the enemy and evil.

Just my $0.02

Archived