• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Honestly... Ron Rivera is a bad head coach.

Mage

This is not an overreaction to just this game.  With that said, the ending of that game made Rivera's problems shine.

Even if you want to blame Mike Shula, Rivera is the one who is responsible for having him hired.  Why in the world so close to the 2 minute warning are we running the ball 3 straight times?  It wasn't a short yardage 3rd down situation either.  Meanwhile, you have Benjamin and Olsen who have killed the Bucs all night.  Anderson has made some mistakes but we didn't need a touchdown; just a field goal.  We gave up.

We went 15-1 last year, but how many of those big leads did we choke away due to getting severely outcoached after halftime?  A bunch of them.  Rivera doesn't know how to manage a clock ie. tonight.  He doesn't know how to adjust ie. almost every game.  And now his team looks lifeless.  The only thing he ever had going for him was keeping his guys motivated.

I know I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I see no reason to have Rivera on a long leash.  The coaching problems with this team from 2011 still exist in 2016.  Losing tonight wouldn't have been as big of a deal in another fashion (still would have hurt), but the way we just lost?  It just shows how delusional Rivera is as a coach.  We just lost to a team that basically gave up on a drive.

Yeah Rivera needs to can Shula. It's Rivera's fault Shula is still here. I still think Rivera is above average, he just has a OC that brings down everything. He lets the OC do what he wants. It's up to Rivera to realize Shula isn't the answer and to move on. If Rivera continues to choose loyalty over what's in the best interest of the team, Rivera is the one that should be looking for another job. 

Rivera believes the players Gettleman gave him are not costing the team. This is sad.

I expect a HC to take it on his shoulders when the team hits a critical point like 1-4. Nope. Rivera throws it on the players. He will lose the team this year, and Gettleman set him up.

Gettleman is the biggest culprit for the product on that field. The depth sucks. The players Gettleman want starting suck.

Cut Ealy, Klein, Boston, Teddy Williams, and Funchess right now.

Ron Rivera has switched between being a gutless inept wimp, and a ballsy go for the jugular gambler in season so many times here that I've lost count. I don't think at this point that the switch will ever flip on, and stay on. Cold hard truth.

Yeah Rivera needs to can Shula. It's Rivera's fault Shula is still here. I still think Rivera is above average, he just has a OC that brings down everything. He lets the OC do what he wants. It's up to Rivera to realize Shula isn't the answer and to move on. If Rivera continues to choose loyalty over what's in the best interest of the team, Rivera is the one that should be looking for another job. 

This. Shula is god awful.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I have to agree that we have never really changed from a coaching perspective.  Our flaws in the wins were still very apparent last season.  This is what happens when players coat deficiencies and they got comfortable is a faulty system.  

Archived