• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions on firings if we lose this game?

Crazydounut

10 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Why would anyone be fired when Dave and Co have a laundry list of excuses;

if it was up to me everyone would be fired and they would be replaced by them fine lookin cheerleaders

What laundry list of excuses do they have ? All goes back to Dave's horrible offseason...

and Dave ain't going to take it on the chin.

missing Stewart a couple games doesn't fly, nor does insufficient OT play, nor does a bad DB group, or weak DE play...

all those are Dave issues.  Dave is going to want other reasons besides the talent issues that were in clear need this offseason that he ignored or created. The issues we face are the ones that were going to be obvious ones based on the talent Dave put out there in 2016

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the opposite. Gentleman is feeling a ton of heat right now from the media. Most are putting this season's failures directly at his feet. If the season tanking continues he's going to need to deflect some of that blame and scapegoat some coaches.

I highly doubt Gettleman cares about what the media thinks.

Ron may be a players coach, but his demeanor on the sidelines when we are losing helps feed to the teams overall lackluster effort, he has also always been horrible at clock management. So, my vote would be Ron.   I'd hope we clean house all together, but I know it won't happen, so we are pretty much stuck here in this situation for a while.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

if you scapegoat coaches....you have to scapegoat coaches that oversee what you significantly stink at (which isn't offense)

So if Ron gets backed into a corner where he feels he has to throw a coach under the bus for his own security....he would have to look at DL, CB, etc coaching and claim they were the issue (even though Gettlemen created the actual issue)

I hope not. Losing Steve Wilks would make this team even worse.

Not Wilks fault he was handed a season of agony in 3 rookies. They should have hired 3 more DB coaches to help Wilks out with the stable of inexperience and ineptitude placed on his shoulders. It is hard enough getting vets to work together at a championship level. Wilks did that. It is even harder to toss in 1 rookie DB that will start. It is near impossible to toss 3 rookie DBs who are expected to contribute at Wilks and expect any real production from the secondary. He has had to go back to DB communication 101.

Definitely the GMs fault.

6 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I dont see anyone getting fired even if we have a 4 and 12 type season.  Too many excuses can be made by all involved.

That would be a first. Any coach who has fallen below 7 wins after their rookie season has been terminated by JR. Capers 4-12, Seifert 1-15, and Fox 2-14. JR never liked the Rivera choice as HC. He wanted Perry Fewell.

1 hour ago, run1stdownrun2nddown said:

I highly doubt Gettleman cares about what the media thinks.

It's not about what Gettleman thinks. The media definitely has an impact on fan perception and when the stadium is half empty and the fan base is blaming the GM, that's when the seat can get a little warm. Gettleman is cocky enough not to care what anyone thinks, but JR is the one who ultimately calls the shots and that man wants to see his franchise before his time expires.

Dave better have a detailed and convincing plan on how he plans to bounce this roster back in a big way next year.

15 hours ago, Vampire the buffet slayer said:

People calling for a Shula firing are idiots. Dude produced the #1 offense last year and a top 5 this year.

D is giving up a average of 28 points a game and people are like " fire the offensive coordinator". 

This board is full of football retards.

When was the last time you said good play call shula in a crucial point in the game when we needed to score....true we put up points but the scores are averages ...sf, No, Dv.  the rest of the games not so much..just like the defense needs to bell out the offense so does the offense..in those losses i saw some many lame play calls in crucial moments..even when the defense played somewhat decent ..those interceptions we got..if the offense could have mustard a drive instead just going 3 and out...Shula is bad when we need  good play calling run 3 times up the middle..need 1 yard throw deep...come on ..he stinks at the wrong time just like mcdermont with the prevent defense..

Archived