• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Free Agents and their rankings

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Really though. 

Combine our cap space with our draft position and there's no excuses this offseason. There is NO reason why this team can't be back in the conference championship next season. 

And that's coming from someone who 90% of the time is VERY pesimistic.

You are such a pessimist.That even in a positive post, you couldn't help being a tad pessimistic. lol

1 hour ago, Nails said:

Thing is we need multiple DE's and really only one safety, preferably a SS.

Give me the young motors on cheaper deals at a more premium position combined with experience on the back end instead of the other way around.  Please.

Personally, in this off-season, I want both youth, and experience at DE. Bring in a solid Vet DE, and draft one in the 1st, or 2nd round.

At SS, all I want is a solid Vet. One to pair with Coleman, and really help settle those young CBs.

IMO, just those 3 moves will get us back where we want to go. Which leaves plenty of resources to throw at that Offense.

37 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Would also want Swearinger BUT Swearinger brings some of that Josh Norman energy/attitude (which we desperately missed) with him and I'm not so sure Gettleman is the type of guy that likes that stuff

There is a reason Houston cut Swearinger. He can be too aggressive which causes bad angles and missed tackles. Unless he has improved in this aspect, I wouldn't pay much for him. 

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet.

One caveat:  A lot of these guys will never make it to free agency.

And PFF grades are so random sometime.  Look at our free agents.  Would you really grade players like Horton & Love as low as PFF did, or AJ Klein?  I mean seriously, grades in the 40s???

So, while I appreciate PFF's database and how you can sort it by team, position, status, grade, etc., it needs to be taken with a lot of grains of salt...

It becomes a lot more useful once FA actually starts and it becomes clear what players are actually on the market...

feel like most of these top guys are guaranteed to back with their teams. You never know though.

A decent pool of mid-tier FA's but sadly not at OT. There might be a diamond in the dirt out there.

Prob target a OG, S, WR and FB.

Feel like we might target Doyle from Indy since they have like 3 good TEs.

Kendall Wright/Robert Woods might be a potential WR target too.

43 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

And PFF grades are so random sometime.  Look at our free agents.  Would you really grade players like Horton & Love as low as PFF did, or AJ Klein?  I mean seriously, grades in the 40s???

So, while I appreciate PFF's database and how you can sort it by team, position, status, grade, etc., it needs to be taken with a lot of grains of salt...

Yeah i don't think PFF should be used as the sole metric in evaluating players but AJ Klein was very bad in space whether it was closing down the ball carrier or in coverage, he was always a fraction away from making a play. Kyle Love was a hair's breath from having 3 sacks against the Bucs last week but he is slow, I think that's why he was initially cut by the Panthers because he lost some burst. 

5 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Same.  I remember when he was drafted, how pissed I got that we couldn't get him coming out of FIU. I don't know what happened in JAX, but I'm guessing a change of scenery to a defensive mastermind like Carolina will resurrect him. 

I'm also happy with bringing in Jefferson, but I prefer Cyprien's style here and he's an inch taller...not that it really matters, but just sayin'.  Cyprien reminds me of Mike Mitchell and Chris Harris' style of play and then we brought them here and they thrived. 

Let's do it again and then we can go either Barnett/Fournette in R1 instead of safety. Or we could technically go Adams/Hooker in R1 and then come back with Chandler Jones or JPP at DE.

Soul, meaning to tell you 0.0% chance Chandler Jones hits free agency. Cards came out said if no deal, they will tag. I wanted him in the mix too. But that means they cannot tag Jefferson, too.

I don't see whats so great about this free agent class, to me it's beyond awful. Once teams get done tagging and resigning (before may9th) it will be even worse. Count me in as much more interested in the cut class.

Cyprien so long it's cheap and short, why not? One red flag is he was benched and this was under DB guru Gus. Still seen the magic of what a new team, teammates, environment, coaches, and living area do. I know for a fact they are looking to upgrade Tre Boston.

3 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Tolbert needs to go.

I concur. If I have to watch him put one of those pro bowl blocks on a LB or DE one more time I'm gonna lose it. (Pro bowl block is one of them where u put very little effort as to not get Anyone hurt)

Archived