• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Rumors: RB Dalvin Cook Off The Field Concerns; Panthers Interest In S Obi Melifonwu

Saca312

Lmao do y'all not realize how many NFL players have different baby moms? Some guys on our team do and there's no big deal being made about that. Now let me go on record saying I don't want to draft Cook at 8 either but moreso because I think he'll be injury prone but this article just smells like it was planted by some team to push his value down and they can draft him later. There's absolutely a few character red flags that may or may not prevent him from being viewed as draftable to our front office but I feel it's much ado about nothing in regards to his kids situation. 

First off,the thread sites "walterfootball" as a source. The website is known as a joke through most real draftnik circles and is know for its "REAL THUGS" type locker room talk. I agree with the evaluation of the the big guy at safety tho. Cooks a good kid this article about him are rubbish.

Ok so about the UCONN safety?! Don't want Cook at all because he doesn't fit our scheme. And bad value at No. 8 anyway! 

What round do you guys think the UCONN safety will skyrocket to after the combine and hype from Mel Streep?! My bad typo Mel Kiper!

12 hours ago, countryboi said:

Cook is not the first guy to grown up in florida and have trusted friends that are "real thugs". he didnt have a problem at Florida state i dont see any reason to think he would now and Cook was found not guilty of punch that woman

http://www.syracuse.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/08/dalvin_cook_florida_states_top_running_back_found_not_guilty_of_punching_woman.html

Just because he's not guilty doesn't mean he's innocent. I like Cook as a player, but I doubt the Big Cat will approve of drafting Dalvin Cook. 

46 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I doubt that cook drops all t way to 40 due to his choice of friends and reluctance to wear a rubber, and I think there will be better picks at 8, so it's a non issue lmo. 

Arizona ignored the red flags on Robert Nkemidiche last year thinking they were going to get GREAT value at the end of the 1st round.

Ask them now how that is working out for them.

11 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Arizona ignored the red flags on Robert Nkemidiche last year thinking they were going to get GREAT value at the end of the 1st round.

Ask them now how that is working out for them.

To be fair, he's been injured most of this year.

Then again, when he played, he was garbage.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

To be fair, he's been injured most of this year.

Then again, when he played, he was garbage.

Not just injuries.

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/24/talent-not-an-issue-for-robert-nkemdiche-maturity-is/

Things just haven’t gone the way people expected. Nkrmdiche was supposed to be an impact player in Year 1. Yes, he missed a tone of training camp with a high ankle sprain, but it is more than that.

What is it, according to coach Bruce Arians? “Talent, not an issue,” Arians said, via Darren Urban on the official team site. “Maturity is. It’s just maturing.”

That seems familiar to tackle D.J. Humphries a season ago, who was inactive every game last season. He has started every game this season.

Arians said the two players are in different situations.

“D.J. worked harder,” Arians said.

The Cardinals took a chance on Nkemdiche after he fell in the first round because of character issues. The team was confident his off-the-field issues were not going to continue. The reported issues of work ethic and other things appear to have lingered.

Archived