• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Jonathan Stewart Not Expected To Be Released; Hints Of Offense's Future

Saca312

Typical David Newton article, take a quote such as "guys LIKE Jonathan Stewart" and tries to find some underlying message. Then adds the connection of hiring of a assistant coach to drafting one of his former players. I clicked on the article a couple days ago, thinking for once this hack had some inside info, nope only speculation. I interpret Ron's comments as... Let's get back to who we are, a power running team. He was using Stewart's name in reference, I love JSTEW, but he has to restructure his contract or he'll be released...8 million plus is way to much for his production.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

4 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Per David Newton...

http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/24537/jonathan-stewart-appears-to-be-in-panthers-plans-for-2017

So, it is apparent Rivera has no plans on seeing Stewart cut this offseason. Rather, it is most likely that a restructure occurs for Stewart or something happens to ensure he's still with us.

Now, I'd like to note this segment of information:

This could easily mean that runningback and tight end are major targets in the draft. This would make sense if we were to change to such an offensive personality. I would assume that we target a TE with blocking ability and a RB that can impact a game. This would make sense for the evolutionary hints Rivera is talking about.

So, don't expect to see Stewart with another jersey on this offseason. But do expect to hear a TE and RB being called early in the draft.

Or expect a TE through Free Agency.  

“The biggest thing, our realization is that our primary runner cannot be our quarterback," Rivera said. 

Wow. It took 6 years for this guy to realize that? Pathetic.

“Mike Shula and I sat down and we talked about the direction and the vision for what we want to try and do,” Rivera said of his offensive coordinator. “We’re going to mix some things up, obviously."

LMAO! Who does Rivera thinks he's fooling? They're going to continue to do the same old BS. 

NOTHING will change.

2 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Typical David Newton article, take a quote such as "guys LIKE Jonathan Stewart" and tries to find some underlying message. Then adds the connection of hiring of a assistant coach to drafting one of his former players. I clicked on the article a couple days ago, thinking for once this hack had some inside info, nope only speculation. I interpret Ron's comments as... Let's get back to who we are, a power running team. He was using Stewart's name in reference, I love JSTEW, but he has to restructure his contract or he'll be released...8 million plus is way to much for his production.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

His cap goes down from the previous 2 years. It more than a million less than 2016. Pay him one more year and then he's off the books. Restructure him and you just prolong the commitment and increase the chance you owe money to a guy who could have a career ending injury. I don't see the logic in restructuring but I'm not that smart. 

6 hours ago, Mojo said:

I'll tell you what... this dude Ron is a special guy.

Ron Rivera do love him some paleo-offense.

Hell, running the ball even more is probably giving Lil Mikey a woody. He's probably dragging out his daddy's Griese-Csonka playbooks even now.

Archived