• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Jonathan Stewart Not Expected To Be Released; Hints Of Offense's Future

Saca312

So....dumb question maybe....just checking my math.  A formation with 12 personel that is also a two-back look, would necessitate that the extra TE be in the backfield as the HB/blocker? Are there any teams out there that run this?

I guess the other option is 1wr, 2 TE, FB, RB. That would pretty much announce that you are running the ball but could open up some stuff for the TEs if they leak out. I personally would rather have an actual FB back there to block. FB blocks seem to punch a hole - compact and violent. TE blocks seem more of a grab and hold kind of block - very upright.

I'm all for us running more2 TE sets but I'm afraid this might be a sign of a certain way of thinking

Old school thinking - You protect your QB by running the ball more.

Reality - You run the ball on first and second down and next thing you know you are in third long and the defense sells out on a blitz.

You protect your QB by staying out of bad down and distances, also by keeping them off balance. 

I'm not saying we should be a pass happy team but you have to have some balance and unpredictability. 

Another myth that bothers me is the coaches who play defense with their offense.  Just because you slow up the game a lot with your offense doesn't mean your defense is good, it just means that the other team had less possessions then normal.  Personally I'm a fan of points per drive instead of total points when comparing defenses.  At the end of the day it is point differential that determines who wins and loses.

11 hours ago, pantherphan96 said:

He might be 30 but he's got much less tread on his tires than most 30 year old RBs. Hopefully he gets more touches this year with less designed QB runs.

There is no way to prove my logic, but IMO it isn't about how many touches, how many yards, etc.....its about being able to heal in time for the next week of practice and games.

As you age, your body tends not to heal as quickly...or in some cases at all.  For RB's 30 is about that number where it all starts really slowing down.  Regardless of how many handoffs they have taken in their careers.

14 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Our Head Coach can't be this ignorant, can he?

Just now figuring this ish out? Fug sake.

Is it that much of a stretch to give these coaches the benefit of a doubt to say that even though this is one of the first times they've said so publically, it's probably something they have known and discussed internally for a while?

Some people here walk around holding their noses up so high assuming that they thought of all this stuff first, it's petty and laughable honestly. 

I would be so so embarrassed to call myself a member of this forum if it ever became known that Rivera or Gettleman actually read the comments here.

If Stewart had Dallas offensive line then no one would question this,...

Furthermore we'd be talking about multiple 1200 yard seasons and comparing him to the best every year.

Instead of Ron talking about our quarterback running and better running period-- passing too-- where does that start?

Stop dumpster diving the offensive line and go get a real one--

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Unfortunately I just don't see 7 bottom feeders passing on Fournette.

Who knows how he will do...but he's just too exciting to pass up for some GM's.  I'm sure a couple of teams before us have him numero uno on their board. 

We still have a lot of exciting options though. 

Archived