• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wedding bands and engagement rings

mr beauxjangles

I'm particularly interested in feedback from the ladies of the huddle, but would appreciate what the guys have to say as well. Do you wear your wedding band and/or engagement ring every day? Do you take it off regularly? Forget to put it back on? Would it upset you if your spouse frequently forgot to wear their band and/or engagement ring?

I wear mine everyday .It's titanium so it was cheaper and light and after the first week of having it on I haven't noticed it. I've taken it off once because I was sweating and wanted to let my hand air out. I forgot it on my desk and my wife called me out on it within 5 minutes. 

She never takes hers off. I designed her ring and made it so it would allow her to wear it while still putting on her med gloves.

I wear mine every day. I take it off at work and put it on my desk, but put it back on whenever I go anywhere. We both take our wedding rings off at home at night, especially when cooking. If she or I were 'forgetting' to wear it frequently it might become an issue, but we both like wearing them, it's just nice to give your fingers a break at night. 

If someone is forgetful in general, then forgetting to put a piece of jewelry on each day is probably not a big deal. If they're only 'forgetting' to put their ring on each day, that would give me pause. 

Always wear mine. Never take it off even for weights or sports.

Wife only takes hers off when she is cooking with something messy like dough. She will forget them from time to time but it doesn't bother me.

I had a buddy go to vegas "lose it while playing with it". Said he dropped it and couldn't find it and his wife believed it. I'm pretty sure we all know that he is full of poo but his wife believe him and no one could disprove him.

Been married for 8+ years and after losing 2 of them I don't wear one. Told my wife from the outset that I'm not a jewelry guy and while I liked the look of the tungsten ring I picked out it always felt funny on my hand. I don't wear watches, necklaces, etc. either. Just don't like having that stuff on.

Designed my wife's myself and had it custom made. She wore it all the time until she lost it sometime last year... it's still a sore spot for me. Maybe I'll get her another one someday.

Never take mine off....for the most part.

If I'm fishing offshore, or diving....where my hands may get cold and it may slide off, I will leave it home...but otherwise it stays on.

Wife takes both of hers off to sleep, or she would wake up looking like she fought a mongoose.

I always wear mine. I've lost it twice but found it both times. My fingers shrink during winter so sometimes it gets really loose and I have to put tape on it. During summer, I the calluses wrap over it and keep it in place. My wife bought me several rings to wear on my off hand, but I can't because they're all flat sided and that tears my fingers to shreds at work. 

in 10 years I have really never taken mine off outside of certain sporting activities or house/yard work.

My wife wears both her rings every day for the most part but she doesn't sleep with hers on.  Also she hit a couple months during both pregnancies where she went a couple months not wearing them because of swelling.

Google ring avulsion injuries and you will see why anyone who works with their hands and wears a ring at the same time is asking for trouble.  I took a precursor course for EMT back in college and the guy teaching it told us all the goulish injuries that happen when peoples rings get caught on something.  he had seen a number of them himself over the years.

Not worth it

http://www.orthobullets.com/hand/6061/ring-avulsion-injuries

Archived