• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers 100% Sold On Fournette - Will Be Pick If Available

Saca312

Fournette will get better at running from the shotgun, and Cam will get more work under center as long as Kalil is healthy this season.

This offense is supposed to "evolve" right? That's what I take it as. We're going to get a bit more traditional, which is what Fournette is best at, and it will allow us to keep the deadly facet of our game.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Fournette has been bred as the best runningback since Adrian Peterson far often this draft season. His unbelievable power and finesse in his run game makes him one of the best downhill runners the game has seen in a while. Even though he's questionable with his ability from the shotgun, he still could impact any team he goes on in a positive way, and even I believe the Panthers would know what they're doing if they pick such a runningback.

Well, our very own Igo revealed some nice information on twitter today. Apparently, the Panthers are sold on Fournette. Will be the pick if he's available.

For those of you who assume this is mere speculation by Igo:

Take this what you will.

Very unreliable source.  Once said that pie had to be made of fruit.  I vehemently disagree because it rules out chocolate, custards, pecan, etc. He stated this as if it was a fact. 

We're talking about Elliott coming into the draft, his college production, NOT last year. Strike it from the record like in a court when an objection is sustained.

No we're not. We discussing where Elliott should be drafted. We have the privilege of information. My original question was where would you draft Elliot in this year's draft, implied was you know he's a stud, as someone was claiming this was a "deep draft". Being a deep draft I wanted to know where Ezekiel Elliott should be valued. This is 100% a flawed exercise. My original intent was to emphasis that while this is a deep draft, studs are studs. And you take studs early. No matter the position.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

To be fair football is a team sport with a bunch of different players on both sides. By all accounts Elliot was sensational last year but the Cowboys still lost their first playoff game.. 

I don't think anyone's expecting for Fournette to be the primary reason why we could make a deep playoff run. If anything yes he'll take pressure off Cam and make our ground game better. But looking back at that 2015 season, one of the key things is that our defense kept causing turnovers and getting our offense advantageous field position, and also the Oline was healthy and good things happened for the most part. We get back to winning the turnover battle and keep the line healthy somehow, probably a winning record and a decent playoff run.

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Commit to o-line for this to work...

I think they think they have and will.  Here is how I see the OL:

Kalil and Oher--2 players that can handle the left side.  If Kalil gets hurt, move Oher over and Williams to RT---not bad if you think about it.  I still say we grab a T late.

Turner and Norwell--I expect they get re-signed.  It will be interesting to see what we do with KK--if we draft a DT (maybe) and Butler steps up, I think Gettlemen pays the Guards and Star while possibly letting KK walk--taking the comp pick.  I know this is complicated, but I think Gettlemen will have to make a tough choice...If it were me, I would keep Star and the Guards over KK and the megadeal he is seeking.

Kalil, Larsen, and Gradkowski---I think Ryan may be extended for a year or two, but he could be released in the near future.  Larsen was strong down the stretch last season,

I think they like the OL, and it is as good as it has been since 2003 (potentially).  I have confidence that Matsko and Ryan + the surgery will make Kalil a steal at LT.

38 minutes ago, uscgamecocks said:

Zeke was a better RB prospect than Fournette and would be drafted ahead of him 10 times out of 10.

I think drafting Fournette at #8 will be a mistake, but I can live with it - he's a good player and there are clear benefits to having him on the team.  But if they trade up - even one spot - to draft a scheme-limited running back who has a lingering foot injury then Gettleman should be fired on the spot.

Trivia question:  Who was the last star running back to carry his team to a super bowl victory?

I'll hang up and wait for a response.

Image result for marshawn lynch

55 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We have Darrel Young who is not a slouch at either run or pass blocking. I don't have PFF, but I believe he was ranked in the top 10 back in 2015 for run blocking.

29 years old, didn't play at all last year. I wasn't holding out much hope for him. Just thought he was a jag. I completely understand the teams angle on not committing much cap to this position. Still holding out hope we find a better option. Johnson's injury history makes him a very long shot at this point. 

I don't have PFF either. Found this where his brother convinced him to stay in DC instead of starting over...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/06/08/what-happens-after-you-get-cut-darrel-young-cried-and-then-started-over/?utm_term=.7b4cee4e2c57

Looks very stop gap-ish.

Archived