• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette knows how to spend that money

Snake

Lol if we drafted him you'd kiss his ass for doing such a nice gesture for his mother.  I don't see anything wrong with it. 

As a regular guy though I would never purchase a new car. There is no value in it. But I also don't have 25 mill.

1 hour ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy my mom, dad, sister, brother, etc etc etc nice and expensive gifts too... but I won't be purchasing expensive items for me, going on luxurious trips to Vegas, the Maldives, or Dubai, spending it on 'premium' women, buying a vacation pad, placing investments, etc until I get a contract extension with loads of guaranteed money and possess a good second career afterwards.

I'd get a a decent/ nice house in a great location paid in full. Start a business or invest in several. Whatever that could provide me multiple incomes post NFL. Don't get me wrong I'd have nice poo too but you can't be illogical. I'd only get a mansion if I could get a bargain on land out in the country somewhere. But you also have to have the career that warrants it. If I made less than 10 million professionally I'd still be extremely conservative with my money.

I'd probably spend most of my time traveling and volunteering once I retired from a pro sport. Given I set my self up for the rest of my life.

4 hours ago, Dilla said:

Carolina Huddle starting this poo early this year, I see.

Buying his mom some expensive things is fine, every athlete does that. It's when he starts buying expensive thing for his aunts, uncles, cousins, and "friends" that this will become an issue.

Cam drives a dodge truck and could out spend Fournette 20 times over. Some people know how to save and some blow everything. He could have bought her a any brand of car and not had to spend 100k. Also most RBs in this league are lucky to get one payday out of there short careers. 

5 hours ago, Snake said:

First he was spending 2k on ugly shoes now he gives he's mom a new ride worth 110k. Hope you're successful bro cause that fountain does dry up. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/5/4/15551788/jaguars-leonard-fournette-mom-new-car-mothers-day

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/04/leonard_fournettes_projected_s.html

Former LSU star running back Leonard Fournette was taken fourth overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars. His contract is projected to be worth $27,165,687, including a signing bonus of $17,887,563.

I think he can handle it. 

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

Cam drives a dodge truck and could out spend Fournette 20 times over. Some people know how to save and some blow everything. He could have bought her a any brand of car and not had to spend 100k. Also most RBs in this league are lucky to get one payday out of there short careers. 

yep.  Overall the people who overspend do so whether they make 30k or 3mill.  Frugal people generally are that way regardless of income to.  Obviously a frugal rich person will buy some crazy expensive stuff but big picture the element is still there.

Cam is so cheap his Christmas present to his OL is the same thing every year.  He gives them earphones he gets for free.  Kalil started a collection of unopened ones I think

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Cam may drive a old truck, but I bet if his mom wanted something newer during his  rookie contract, she got it.  IMO, mom's are the exception to conservative spending.  

Archived