• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Andrew Norwell Is Helping To Push Matt Kalil

Hogmolliesmaht

“These defensive guys we’re playing against, as soon as they see you lack confidence, it’s like sharks in the water,” Kalil said. “They’re looking for that. For me, having Norwell in there – a real stout guard – it’s helped my confidence a lot. I know he’s always going to be there for me.”

Norwell has become an intimidating figure since coming to Carolina as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He’s one of the biggest men on the roster at 6-foot-6 and 325 pounds, but that’s not unusually large in today’s NFL. It’s the attitude he plays with; the relentless nastiness. That’s what’s made Norwell so revered in the locker room, and that’s what’s pushing the tranquil Kalil to raise his level.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/How-Andrew-Norwell-is-helping-push-Matt-Kalil/ce15027e-e223-4c96-8b0b-637abc7b5e00

Is there any doubt that Norwell deserves a new deal?

In my never to be humble opinion, I think he is the biggest priority to get a new deal. After QB, I view the Oline as the most important. I sincerely hope we get him a deal (Rosenhaus as an agent doesn't help). After we win the SB, I'm not sure how many of these guys we can keep.

43 minutes ago, Hogmolliesmaht said:

“These defensive guys we’re playing against, as soon as they see you lack confidence, it’s like sharks in the water,” Kalil said. “They’re looking for that. For me, having Norwell in there – a real stout guard – it’s helped my confidence a lot. I know he’s always going to be there for me.”

Norwell has become an intimidating figure since coming to Carolina as an undrafted free agent in 2014. He’s one of the biggest men on the roster at 6-foot-6 and 325 pounds, but that’s not unusually large in today’s NFL. It’s the attitude he plays with; the relentless nastiness. That’s what’s made Norwell so revered in the locker room, and that’s what’s pushing the tranquil Kalil to raise his level.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/How-Andrew-Norwell-is-helping-push-Matt-Kalil/ce15027e-e223-4c96-8b0b-637abc7b5e00

Is there any doubt that Norwell deserves a new deal?

No doubt at all! Probably my favorite player.

Archived