• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently Tolbert Is Giving Intel On The Panthers Offense To The Same Coaches Who Are From Said Panthers Team

Saca312

1 hour ago, PntherPryd said:

I love this. Not just Tolbert but the whole Panther clan up there will force his offense to improvise and change.  Pretty sure the sum of those two ingredients are growth.  

You're talking about the same guy who knew he had to come up with something to block Von Miller and then proceeded to come up with nothing to block Von Miller, right?

That same guy?

I don't understand why this is a big deal. This happens to every team every year, do the Bills and media think teams don't gameplay for this? Do the think Shula and Rivera brush their teeth with rocks? We will change stuff, that's probably why we didn't see an evolved O this last Sunday. I don't know I'm just spit balling.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

What I don't understand is, what would Tolbert know that McDermott didn't already know? McDermott was here as long as Tolbert, so neither saw any "changes" made to the offense for 2017.

Now Webb, on the other hand, could. Not worried either way. If you don't have a counter to someone overplaying a tendency, you didn't do your job to begin with.

I listened to some local radio takes on this last weak with Garcia and a couple other former players I don't recall who but I think it was Omar Gaither and maybe Schwartz.  They seemed to all agree that the gleaning of information from former players was pretty much a myth.while I don't readily take anything said on local radio to be absolute fact I can get behind that stance.  Teams scout you and look at hours of film.  The only secrets Mike Tolbert is spilling is the Panthers training camp chef's enchilada recipe.  

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

What I don't understand is, what would Tolbert know that McDermott didn't already know? McDermott was here as long as Tolbert, so neither saw any "changes" made to the offense for 2017.

Now Webb, on the other hand, could. Not worried either way. If you don't have a counter to someone overplaying a tendency, you didn't do your job to begin with.

Which begs the question: Why even say anything in the first place? We know he has nothing, he knows he has nothing, and the team darn well knows he ain't got nothin. What is the reasoning behind him opening his mouth?

Yeah, Webb, now that pesky dog has got him some info. Will it help? Nah.

Archived