• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Run Cam: RUN

Wundrbread33

This has been touched lightly in some threads, and I agree. Cam needs to let it loose. He is much less likely to get blasted when he takes off and has control of when he takes a hit.

He is completely ignoring huge running lanes because (most certainly) he is being told not to run by the staff. It gets to a point where he needs to give zero fugs and just play his game.

We have seen what his legs do to a defense. He eats up yards, requiring the defense to honor it, and then the passing game opens up. 

And we have all seen how a big run gets him into the game and into a rhythm.

Giving this man 100 million to play like Drew Bledsoe is bullshit and it needs to stop now. It's less frustrating having Jeff Lewis/Jimmy Clausen as your QB then wasting a blue chipper.

Nothing like losing to the got damn Saints to get me fully pissed off. 

If I were coaching this team and my life were on the line and we had to win one game I'd run the read option and designed runs for Cam like crazy. We would smash our way down the field.

Cam can't keep running and make it through his career without taking major physical damage imo. Like brain injury for example. Just can't do it.

I agree. The current plan is to limit his running so that he is healthy when he is 33. He already isn't healthy and the  gameplan is making it worse/him play worse.  Theres no point in holding him back if that means we get half of Cam Newton. I'd rather his career end in 5 years with Cam being himself than watch 10 years of wasted ability.

We don't need "Running" Cam. We need "Mobile" Cam. We need him extending plays, that is where he is at his most dangerous. That is when Defenses are at their most vulnerable as well. Is he going to run? Is he going to pass? Make the wrong decision, and you are toast. 

At this point in time, Cam is just not scaring anyone. He is a statue back there. And he is getting whacked but good. Whether he is still not healthy, being told not to, or whatever it is. He is no where near as mobile as he has been in the past. IMO, we don't need to Run Cam, we just need him to be more mobile, and get back to putting the fear of Zod into opposing Defense.

If mobile Cam comes back we should be ok. Because the longer statue Cam hangs around, the longer this funk could last.

First of all I agree 100% that Cam needs to start running again.   However, one thing I have noticed is that every time he runs there is helmet to helmet contact.  I believe the rule is (I might be wrong) but they don't consider helmet to helmet on running backs.  Every single time he runs and doesn't slide or get out of bounds.  There is helmet to helmet contact with Cam.   No other QB that runs gets this treatment and I believe the word on the street is.  If Cam runs make sure helmet to helmet occurs.

They aren't and won't protect Cam as a QB anytime he runs.  I also believe the refs don't look for it at all. 

The statement is true that he made about the lion. Coaches are going to get him killed. He needs to scrap what they are telling him and be Cam. Like he said he wins his way but thats not happening now..once he gets healthy if he wants to be more of a statue do so but right now with this line its not a good time.

I would really like him to stop turning 5 yard sacks into 17 yard sacks by trying to spin out of it. That hasn't worked since 2013. Ever since Cam had his ankle worked on he has had much less explosiveness. The days of Cam busting a 75 yard run for a TD are over I'm afraid. That 4.5 40 he ran is more like 5.3 now.

Archived