• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide Receiver Free Agency Class

AppHeel

It's no secret that Cam needs help on offense and I know a lot on this board will be clamoring for a high pick for a wideout with one of our earlier draft picks. Looking at the holes we have and the free agency classes at those positions, I'd argue that Wide Receiver might be best equipped for us to take care of before the draft which will allow us to use our first few picks on other positions of need. 

Here is a quick snapshot of some of the names that might be around in free agency:

Jarvis Landry* -- Won't be available

Allen Robinson

Terrelle Pryor

Sammy Watkins

Mike Wallace

Eric Decker

Marquise Lee

Taylor Gabriel

Kendall Wright

Danny Amendola

Jordan Matthews

Jaron Brown

Paul Richardson

Brian Quick

Dante Moncrief

Cody Latimer

De'Anthony Thomas

Only a couple of these could be considered a number one, but I spy several upgrades to guys currently on our team at the position. I think a lot of these guys could also be had for a bargain.

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I know it sounds crazy, but I want Terrelle Pryor.  He didn't fit in Washington because of scheme, where they are precision timing routes.  Cams not that kind of QB and he's not that kind of receiver, put him with us and watch him flourish

I like the thought, but I'm over the WR projects.

Get this man a legitimate deep-threat WR.

A #1 wr will not fix this team.  It's FUBAR and only a clean slate will erase the ills of this team.  Unfortunately, we will have to wait until the end of the 2019 season to know what direction this team is headed.  Right now is on its way to the basement of the nfcs, if not the NFC all together.

I got my eye on Moncrief and Wallace. I don't think Richardson will ultimately leave the Seahawks, but perhaps. Terrelle Pryor didn't work out in D.C., but he's somewhat intriguing. 

Moncrief is my guy though. 

I would take Watkins, but not at the price he'll likely command.  

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I got my eye on Moncrief and Wallace. I don't think Richardson will ultimately leave the Seahawks, but perhaps. Terrelle Pryor didn't work out in D.C., but he's somewhat intriguing. 

Moncrief is my guy though. 

I would take Watkins, but not at the price he'll likely command.  

Moncrief could probably be had at a reasonable price tag

Funchess can be a very good #2 WR.  Samuel and Byrd can be adequate 3rd/ 4th speed options, and Clay is an adequate PR who shouldn't be pressed into regular receiving duty.

Sheppard is worthless.  Bersin should be hired as a coach.

My vote is for Sammy Watkins or Terrell Pryor (who would probably come cheaper).  I think we should spend big on offense to keep Norwell and get WR and use draft currency on the defense.

Archived