• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A fine mess

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I don't understand why this would take many weeks to conclude.  A good investigator could probably pull it off by the end of this week and cover all the bases that need covering.  NFL drags its damn feet on poo like this.

True, but large businesses and corporations drag out their "investigations" to signal "the seriousness of their intent".

A lot of modern business and even personal interaction is all about "signaling" these days.

Good thing the draft seems like kind of a crap shoot this year, with a lot of players projected anywhere from the 1st to the 4th round, depending on who's doing the mock. We can just have somebody throw darts at a board for our picks. After round one I think that's Hurney's method anyway. 

So, not only playing in footballs most competitive division...we have to deal with incompetent owners as well?  Yay.

Firing Dave was a foolish decision, period.  Now it's biting us in the rear.  There is no team president, no GM, no majority owner in place, and the combine and offseason just started.

We have a franchise QB, two of the very best defenders in the NFL, and we cannot figure out the front office.

Man, it's a sad day when the Bucs are laughing at us for being dysfunctional.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Gettleman fired

Hurney hired as interim GM (wink wink)

Owner happy his guy is back

GM search never begins

Owner forced to quit

Half hearted Rooney rule GM interviews 

Hurney now under investigation, and will take many weeks to conclude.

Panthers currently have no GM with the scouting combine weeks away.

That, my friends, is a huge bowl of poo porridge to eat spoonful by spoonful.

What a fuggin mess. I've never seen anything like it and I grew up with the Bucs in the 1980s. 

The bright side is that the coaches get the opportunity to shop for their own groceries and Norv will be in the building to help.

What I don't understand is why it takes the NFL many weeks to conduct a thorough investigation of a crazy ex wife that got denied a restraining order? How many people would the NFL need to talk to? You talk to Marty, you talk to the ex wife, you talk to a couple neighbors, and a couple of Marty's co-workers and friends. What else is there to do? This isn't a whodunit murder investigation. 

17 minutes ago, Louie said:

What I don't understand is why it takes the NFL many weeks to conduct a thorough investigation of a crazy ex wife that got denied a restraining order? How many people would the NFL need to talk to? You talk to Marty, you talk to the ex wife, you talk to a couple neighbors, and a couple of Marty's co-workers and friends. What else is there to do? This isn't a whodunit murder investigation. 

Because they've screwed up big time on previous investigations and gotten their asses kicked for it by media and women's groups.

Political and social climate being what it is, it's hard to blame them for wanting to dot every i and cross every t.

Archived