• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, Jerry Richardson’s Grandson Is The Panthers Pro Personnel Director?

bobsfoodbasics

From a PFT article on Gettleman hiring former Panthers director of player personnel Mark Koncz:

When the longtime pro personnel director was given a new title in Carolina under Gettleman, they made Matt Allen (the grandson of Jerry Richardson) the pro director there.

What a joke of a franchise!

And people said working with Gettleman was difficult...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/08/dave-gettleman-bringing-former-panthers-lieutenant-in-to-consult/

doesnt matter. House cleaning is coming. Yet...how is ANYONE surprised (enough to make a thread about) people with connections and influence helping/connecting with those in their circle? 

Its almost as if you were born in a time none of us have lived in~~~

EDIT: Bullshit post made on a bullshit article by a bullshit writer that has been exposed.

Just because he happens to be related to JR doesn't mean hes not qualified for the job. Or maybe this particular position with this team doesn't really have much responsibility, and it's kinda just a freebie to a relative? If he's not qualified I'm sure he's out the door with the rest of them soon enough.

14 minutes ago, CatfanMO said:

I suppose if my grandpa owned an NFL team, I would probably want to work there also..

I don't disagree with this.  And so long as I am being put in a position I'm qualified to do, I think that's a completely legit way to get a job.  If I'm qualified to sweep the floors, I'll sweep the floors.  If I'm qualified to be a trainer, I'll be a trainer.

The only time this becomes a problem, imo, is when someone unqualified - or significantly less qualified than another candidate - is put into a position.

I've read his media guide profile before. It doesn't mention him being Jerry Richardson's grandson.

His prior experience is 7 years as a scout and 3 helping out equipment manager Jackie Miles. By comparison, director of college scouting Jeff Morrow was a scout for 21 years before getting his promotion.

In his current role, Allen will be in charge of coordinating all the scouting we do for free agency this year.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've read his media guide profile before. It doesn't mention him being Jerry Richardson's grandson.

His prior experience is 7 years as a scout and 3 helping out equipment manager Jackie Miles. By comparison, director of college scouting Jeff Morrow was a scout for 21 years before getting his promotion.

In his current role, Allen will be in charge of coordinating all the scouting we do for free agency this year.

It is Jerry's grandson....check out this article from a few years ago.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Rivera-Richardson-cited-by-Fritz-Pollard-Alliance/a3cd9020-cc75-4a6a-bc00-977988eb02d6

Richardson was unable to attend Friday's ceremony. Matt Allen, his grandson and a Panthers scout, accepted the award.

"Thank you Mr. Wooten and the Fritz Pollard Alliance on behalf of my grandfather, Jerry Richardson, for such a prestigious award," Allen said. "My grandfather has always had a great respect and admiration for Tank Younger and is proud to be associated with the FPA.

"He regrets that he missed such a special event, but he promises to continue to promote diversity and equality in job opportunities throughout the NFL."

Archived