• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lake Dawson Has Second Interview With Panthers For GM Job

bobsfoodbasics

I reached out to my friend and previous Panthers Director of Player Personnel about Lake Dawson. He says he's a good man and great candidate. He's embarassed by what the Panthers front office has become and like we all say here, keeping Hurney would lead to continued craziness. 

1 minute ago, Towelboy said:

I reached out to my friend and previous Panthers Director of Player Personnel about Lake Dawson. He says he's a good man and great candidate. He's embarassed by what the Panthers front office has become and like we all say here, keeping Hurney would lead to continued craziness. 

DRAIN THE SWAMP

@Mr. Scot, @RoaringRiot this is why i hold out hope lol

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh look, more media talking heads throwing poo at the wall hoping something will stick.

We have La Canfora saying a hiring is imminent, we have Pelissero saying a decision isn't even close, and we have Voth completely punting on the situation saying that the decision could be made today, tomorrow, later, that the situation is "fluid". Well, yeah. No poo. You don't need any knowledge of the situation what so ever to say that. Hell, there's no way to possibly be wrong.

dont forget Igo's comments in All-Pro adding to the cacophony

31 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Who really cares who comes out with a story first in this day and time?  Really? 

i mean... there's something to this. With the current media atmosphere in politics and sports, i would almost rather people wait to post stories until they are verifiable. This need to be first has allowed mistakes to be made and has allowed pundits to drive public opinion with hot air instead of cold hard facts. I think all of us, no matter what our affiliations are, can agree to that.

1 minute ago, UpstatePanther said:

@Mr. Scot, @RoaringRiot this is why i hold out hope lol

dont forget Igo's comments in All-Pro adding to the cacophony

i mean... there's something to this. With the current media atmosphere in politics and sports, i would almost rather people wait to post stories until they are verifiable. This need to be first has allowed mistakes to be made and has allowed pundits to drive public opinion with hot air instead of cold hard facts. I think all of us, no matter what our affiliations are, can agree to that.

I don't have All-Pro anymore so no clue what Igo is saying.

Absolutely agree with you on the media in general. Everyone wants the scoop and with the current instant access 24 hour news cycle poo just gets flung onto the wall with the hopes that they'll be right and can claim first. There's so much poo getting slung that no one even remembers all the times you were wrong in the past.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A second interview is indeed significant, and a good thing.

And this one might actually be real.

Get us some more in depth info on Dawson Scot! Sounds like he's most likely going to be hired as GM soon barring an extremely unlikely scenario where the NFL wraps up the Hurney investigation before the 20th of Feb.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't have All-Pro anymore so no clue what Igo is saying.

Absolutely agree with you on the media in general. Everyone wants the scoop and with the current instant access 24 hour news cycle poo just gets flung onto the wall with the hopes that they'll be right and can claim first. There's so much poo getting slung that no one even remembers all the times you were wrong in the past.

Igo was basically just echoing the sentiment that Hurney would be hired. i dont want to step on his toes so i wont say more. 

1 minute ago, UpstatePanther said:

Igo was basically just echoing the sentiment that Hurney would be hired. i dont want to step on his toes so i wont say more. 

Oh, I'm going to fully expect that ultimate outcome until it doesn't actually happen and then it'll probably still take a day or two for that reality to sink in.

Archived