• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stewart released "confirmed"

Captain Obvious

1 minute ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I know he is on the wrong side of 30 but what about bringing in LaGarette Blount as a lower priced stop gap for a season while they find a long term answer? I know most people's first response will be Hell no but he has helped win a championship the last 2 seasons on a one year contract and still runs hard.

Not sure if he will still have the same chip on his shoulder after his recent success or if he fits what Norv wants to do but a Blount / CMC combo does not sound like a bad idea to me for a year while they work on something long term. 

That thought had crossed my mind, but I'm leaning on getting younger I think.

Also, can't remember LB's hands being all that great, but Norv needs RB's who can catch.

8 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

thanks for your unbiased opinion goober

Do you expect unbiased opinions on an NFL forum?  Pretty stupid.  I prefer to share opinions with those who have intelligent opinions and are mature enough to understand the enormity of the concept.  And there are those who call people clever, original names like "goober."  I blame home schooling and affordable computers.

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

yeah, but he just stated to SI that it was too soon to decide on Stew, needing a RB who can run between tackles.  Seems wishy washy.

I just think he’s playing the game. You don’t ever want to show your hand I’m actually in favor of him concealing his moves so other teams have a difficult time guessing our strategy.

Just now, PhillyB said:

it was the right move but i'm legit bummer about this. stew has always been one of my favorite panthers.

I think that's a lot of us.

I was watching when he was drafted, and I have fond memories of him running over people like Ronde Barber.

Still, this was the right call.

10 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Huddle haters got to jump on the hate bandwagon.  Last I checked SStew held the Panthers all time record for RB yardage.  Of course most of the fools here have no clue.

He got paid for his services and was overpaid for what he was contributing. 3.4 yards per carry and he was getting older.  At least you can say that you are a fool with a clue now.  No charge.

9 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Wow

As much as i loved Gettleman, this is a welcome change. I was fine with Gman's cutthroat nature, but i always wished he had at least discussed this with the players he cut before actually releasing them. It aggravated me that he wouldnt look these men in the eye and tell them the team had to move on. Marty, at least, is good at that. 

You guys need to get it out of your head we're keeping Norwell and Star. Hurney WORD FOR WORD stated that we have Vernon Butler and Tyler Moton to fill those voids. 1st and 2nd rounders drafted for a reason. I just hope we don't get RB in first round now. 

45 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

Say what you will about Hurndog but this far he’s made all the right-understandable moves during his second stint. Even the trading of KB opened up our offense. I’m going to support Hurndog 2.0 since 90% of the rest of Panther nation (understandably) hates him as our GM.

Hurney has been damn good so far at getting rid of people...its adding them that I'm worried about.

6 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

I just think he’s playing the game. You don’t ever want to show your hand I’m actually in favor of him concealing his moves so other teams have a difficult time guessing our strategy.

I thought so too, but there was no reason to bluff here. I hope that they had not met about him, but Hurney was asked specifically about Stew--then cuts him the next day.  A bit unusual.

Archived