• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano signs 4 yr $17 Million w/ $9 Million Guaranteed

SOJA

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Butler missed a 48 yds, outside, in KC in January. Gano missed a 25 ydr, in a dome, that if he had made, we could have set up a 35 yd FG to win. But he would have probably shanked it too like his regular 3 XP missed a year. 

A miss is a miss, playboy. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment. It wasn't his decision as the Kicker to not kick 50+ yarders. The bottom line is when Gano was asked to do his job, he did it perfectly 96% of the time. Good contract for a good kicker. I remember the awful years of Shayne Graham and Olindo Mare.

If you're going to talk about field goal percentage, put it in context.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Butler missed a 48 yds, outside, in KC in January. Gano missed a 25 ydr, in a dome, that if he had made, we could have set up a 35 yd FG to win. But he would have probably shanked it too like his regular 3 XP missed a year. 

If Gano missed a 52 yard fg in the playoffs in Green Bay you’d be one of the first people calling for Hurney’s head.

6 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Missed the game winner in Denver in 2016

Missed a FG in 3 point game against Tampa at home in 2016

Missed 3 FGs in a 1 point game against Tampa on the road in 2016

Missed an extra point in a 3 point loss to the Saints in 2016

Missed an extra point in a 3 point loss to the Raiders in 2016

Wasn't he playing with a broken bone in his foot?

12 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

What is the "lie"?  his FG percentage?  him being the #1 point scoring player?  the fact that I assigned the quote to Forrest Gump?  Please explain.... on second thought, just don't....

I did explain it. Zeurlein was #1 points scorer with 158. Gano was 12th. Butker outscored Gano and was 5th. 

Gano had the #1 accuracy this year, but Zeurline only missed one more and it was on a 60 yard attempt. 

Also I edited my original post before I got quoted because I realized it came off super pissy. 

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

He also hit a 58 yarder in that same game. FWIW....

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Wasn't he playing with a broken bone in his foot?

In his plant foot, but that happened at the beginning of December in the chargers game. You could take the 2nd Tampa game off the list above, but all of the other misses were while he was healthy.

Archived