• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gano signs 4 yr $17 Million w/ $9 Million Guaranteed

SOJA

Hahaha people are actually complimenting Hurney on this? They just made a guy who can't hit a clutch kick and missed a 25 yard field goal in the playoffs the second highest paid kicker in the league. Get the hell out of here with those compliments. Same ole garbage Hurney.

Thanks a lot "Tina Becker" (really Jerry)

Terrible. This shows how bad we fuged up in not keeping Butker. We just spent a 5th of our remaining cap space on a fuging kicker. Butker would be making less than a million this season.

Was the tag not cheaper than what he is getting annually now?

18 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

In his plant foot, but that happened at the beginning of December in the chargers game. You could take the 2nd Tampa game off the list above, but all of the other misses were while he was healthy.

you realize its more impacting on the kicker for it to be their plant foot right?  Not saying you dont realize that, I just want to clarify. I possibly reading your post incorrectly, but it comes off as you are stating "oh its just his plant foot" 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

you realize its more impacting on the kicker for it to be their plant foot right?  Not saying you dont realize that, I just want to clarify. I possibly reading your post incorrectly, but it comes off as you are stating "oh its just his plant foot" 

You are misreading.  He is saying that his terrible year started much before the injury.

5 minutes ago, BigKing said:

At the end of the day, most of us don't feel good when he comes out for a pressure-filled kick.  You can talk about accuracy percentage but you can't ignore the fact that he isn't taking nearly the amount of harder attempts than other kickers.

Touting him as the best kicker in the league is like bragging about taking Gretzky and the Kings to the Cup on NHL 93 with the icing and offsides off.

Hurney painted himself into a corner by being cute with Butker and Gano made him pay by having a career year during a contract season.  Now we are locked in to a guy for 4 years who will just be getting older and doesn't have a big leg to begin with.

This isn't the hill to die on in regards to knocking Hurney, but I can't understand anyone being happy with this either.

He was 10 for 10 between 40-49 yards which are your money kicks. He missed one from over 50 during the regular season and made a 58 yarder against New Orleans in the playoffs. Where exactly are all these harder attempts he didn't take?

Kasay kicked for us until the age of 40. Gano is 30 and just hitting his stride. I can't understand who has a clue, not being excited.

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Total points is a stupid statement unless it is in context to attempts made and missed and where they were attempted. If Zeurline only missed 2 and one was almost 60 then that miss doesn't mean much. Sounds like he is a valuable kicker as well. Particularly given how many he attempted.

Zeurlein was far and away the best kicker in the NFL last year. He was the league's all-pro kicker and he deserved it. He made 6 FGs over 50 last year and was damn near automatic. 

1 minute ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Zeurlein was far and away the best kicker in the NFL last year. He was the league's all-pro kicker and he deserved it. He made 6 FGs over 50 last year and was damn near automatic. 

I heard you the first time.  LOL.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He was 10 for 10 between 40-49 yards which are your money kicks. He missed one from over 50 during the regular season and made a 58 yarder against New Orleans in the playoffs. Where exactly are all these harder attempts he didn't take?

Kasay kicked for us until the age of 40. Gano is 30 and just hitting his stride. I can't understand who has a clue, not being excited.

I too am often excited when the Carolina Panthers make stupid salary cap decisions, and pay their players at the very tip top of said players range.

I used to brag to my friends all the time about us having two of the highest paid RB's in the league on the same team.  Also really rubbed it in their faces when we gave Jake a contract that made no sense.

Oh, I forgot about the James Anderson and Jon Beason contracts.  Gosh, glad we are back to the good ole days when I can brag about how highly paid JR keeps his guys.

Archived