• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions release tight end Eric Ebron

Byrdman4real

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Is he better than Dixon?  Serious question because I don't follow the Lions?  Don't watch the Sports networks so I know nothing of him except his name.

Blocker/FB role that we use him in? No. 

Potential has always been there, but hasn’t lived up to it till I think his last few games. Hell I think Detroit was activity boo’ing him during our game last time. 

I would be okay signing him for competiton at the 3rd TE spot, but I have no idea if he plays ST. Maybe he can come home and play and learn from Greg and turn it around, but from my buddy who is a Detroit fan, he never was worth it.

Watched him at Carolina.  Thought he had a chance to be a good player.  Decent athlete, good size, looks the part.  I had my concerns tho.  Concentration issues, wasn't sure about his passion for the game.  Lions fans will tell you the guy drops literally everything.  Still young though.  Would be an absolute wild card.  Not sure people would as interested if not for local fanfare.

Just now, Paintballr said:

Blocker/FB role that we use him in? No. 

Potential has always been there, but hasn’t lived up to it till I think his last few games. Hell I think Detroit was activity boo’ing him during our game last time. 

I would be okay signing him for competiton at the 3rd TE spot, but I have no idea if he plays ST. Maybe he can come home and play and learn from Greg and turn it around, but from my buddy who is a Detroit fan, he never was worth it.

Well I guess the question is will he work for peanuts?  That's about all that left unless Hurney dips into the rainy day fund, which by the way ain't much.

Side note; I'm curious to see how they deal with the loss of Star and who's penciled in for Norwell.  I fear we will live to regret not keeping Star.  The run d will suffer mark my words.  Kumara is going to go off if they don't figure it out.

I don’t understand why anyone would be against this? We have a neee at back up TE. He is great physically,former 1st round pick, has put up decent numbers and is only 24. TE is a position that can take some time to develop and Ebron is still young. Look at Greg Olsen, a former first round pick as well who didn’t do well until he came to Carolina. We need to find a future replacement for Olsen and Ebron could be that guy. At worst he would be a solid back up.

If he is cheap then why not give he him a try?

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Well I guess the question is will he work for peanuts?  That's about all that left unless Hurney dips into the rainy day fund, which by the way ain't much.

Side note; I'm curious to see how they deal with the loss of Star and who's penciled in for Norwell.  I fear we will live to regret not keeping Star.  The run d will suffer mark my words.  Kumara is going to go off if they don't figure it out.

Run D will suffer, but it's far easier to find a run stuffing DT than a pass rushing DT.  Star was a nice player, but not worth what he was going to get on the open market.  My guess is that they use Vern Butler in Star's spot and Moton in Norwell's.

Archived